𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝒳𝐼𝐼𝐼

He rides his horse to the outer skirts of the city. He disguised himself with a piece of cloth.

"Kind sir," he bows to a man, "Do you know where this witch resides?" 

"Yes," the man says, "but why do you want to know? You're not here to arrest her are you?"

Taehyung removes the cloth from his face, "No, I need something from the witch."

"Y-your highness," the man bows, "please, let me lead the way."

Taehyung got off the horse and followed the man into a small room that smelled of herbs.

"She's also a healer. She will fulfil every wish of yours," the man praised the witch.

"Welcome, Prince of Daegu, Korean Empire. Welcome to my humble abode. How may I help you?" The witch speaks.

"H-how did you know that-?" He tries to maintain his posture.

"I know everything, your highness," the witch smiles as her nose bends, "I know why you have come here too."

"Why?" He asks.

"To bring back your lover - Yunahet. Am I right?" The witch asks.

"Yes," Taehyung replies.

"Oh, Taehyung," the witch's face falls, "How I wish I could help you... But her soul has crossed the afterlife. I cannot bring her back."

Taehyung frowns, "I can't live without her."

"But," the witch smiles.

"But what?" Taehyung asks.

"She might be reincarnated in the future," the witch says.

"How long until she reincarnates?" He asks.

"That I don't know, your highness. It could be a second, hours, days to years. Or maybe never," the witch says, "but since she died a brutal death with incomplete love, the afterlife might send her back to fulfil it."

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asks.

"To die old and warm in her bed with the love of her life next to her, a complete life," the witch explains.

"L-love of her life? Who?" He asks.

"Whoever is blessed to have the wonderful woman in the future," she states.

"N-no. I am the love of her life. No one can have her," he stutters shaking his head.

"But we don't know if you'll be alive then," the witch says.

"No, I don't want to live without her. Please do something," he begs.

"Yes, I do have a solution. But it costs a lot, your highness. It might not work too," the witch explains.

"What is it?" Taehyung asks.

"You can still be there when your lover reincarnates," she says.

"How?" There was a glint of hope in his eyes.

"I'll cast a spell in such a way that her birth will trigger you and wake you from your death," the witch explains.

"D-death?" Taehyung asks in confusion.

"Yes, your highness," the witch looks up from her book, "you will have to die for that."

"So, when she gets reincarnated, I will wake up? And then I'll get to live with her?" Taehyung asks.

"Yes, but she'll be a baby. You will have to raise her or wait until she grows up to continue your romantic relationship with her," the witch explains.

Taehyung's eyes tear up at the thought of seeing her innocent childhood once again, "I'll raise her. I will give her everything and keep her close. Let's do this. Please."

"I'll have to tell you more about it Taehyung," the witch says, "You will wake up immortal. Are you ready to accept immortality?"

"Yes! If my dear is with me then I don't mind living forever," Taehyung smiles through his tears.

"You will also wake up as an all-powerful god who can wipe out all existence," the witch says.

"I don't care! As long as I have my dear, I don't mind power, pain, hunger, nothing," he states.

"She won't remember you. She will wake up with new memories of her new life," the witch says.

"That's okay. I can make her love me. Do it. Now," Taehyung orders.

"Patience, your highness, patience," the witch says, "meet me at the river by midnight."

"Alright," Taehyung says and leaves.

A few hours later, Taehyung covers his face with a piece of cloth and clasps the necklace he had gifted Yunahet in his hands and brings it closer to his chest. He climbs down the window and rides off to the river. There he was met by the witch. He saw her chanting and casting spells on food, clothes and several other things.

"Is everything ready?" Taehyung asks.

"No, your highness. I need to build a pyramid for you," the witch says.

"Do it, then," Taehyung gets impatient. He didn't want to wait.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"We are unable to find him, sire," the guard informs.

"What do we do now?" The queen frets, "He is our only heir to the throne."

"It's been a whole week, I don't think we'll be able to find him..." The king says.

"Are we just going to give up?" The queen asks.

"What else can we do?" The king says, "As for an heir, we'll adopt the minister's son."

851 words

851 words

A/N- I woke up to 42 notifications- This book is growing so fast omg tysm T-T
The next chapter will resume in the present if the past is boring you lol. Cya.