The gloves

After what Luciel would call a successful attempt at getting past Kaz's walls...there was something that she needed to know about anf that was his gloves.
They never left his hands except for when he went to wash them or shower nothing they never ever came off...she knew about his fear of touch but she didn't think it was that bad...she didn't miss the shaking in his hands either so she would have to do what she does best-study him.

3rd POV

Luciel sat "reading" a book across from Kaz who was currently for once in his life relaxing, he was sitting back in a cushioned chair his arms resting on the armrests and his eyes were closed. Luciel wanted to leave him but she knew she needed to find out what he wasn't telling her and soon enough her patience came in hand. Kaz's hands started to twitch, not shake, twitch, and Kaz clenched his hands as if he was trying not to make a scene or even hide it from her as his eyes opened and he moved his hands to his sides hoping that would stop the movements.

Luciel now looked softly at him the realization hitting her like a ton of bricks...it was from those freezing cold waters that caused his hands to shake, and Jordie's body that caused his phobia. She stood up gently walking a step closer to him and said

"I know...it's ok." As she offered a smile before turning and going downstairs to see Amadeus. Kaz watched her leave with a look of relief? Pride? He didn't know but something about his Luciel was able to figure his gloves out made him realize that Luciel might know him better then he thinks she does.

"Madeus? Are you down here?"

Luciel asked as she walked into the back room.

"I'm here just putting the shipment away"

Amadeus said his usual cheerful tone as he reached up to put a bottle of mead onto the shelf.

"Hey madeus uh...why didn't you tell me about Kaz's gloves?"

Amadeus quickly turned around worry in his eyes.

"Why do you ask?-did you touch him is he alright?!"

Amadeus asked looking ready to bolt right up the stairs to Kaz.

"No no! He's alright..I just...figured out why he wears them...both reasons."

Luciel said already getting her answer she needed...Amadeus knew how bad it was and knew how to aid Kaz when he is touched...they are closer then she thought they were.

"Saints luc don't scare me like that!...I didn't tell you because it wasn't my place you already knew about his fear it should have been his choice to tell you about his hands."

Amadeus explained going back to putting away the bottles of drinks.

"Madeus you know he wouldn't have! What if it got bad and I had no idea what to do?!"

Luciel exclaimed her hands on her hips.

"He would have it just would have taken him some time...it took me months for him to come completely clean.."

Amadeus said turning her direction putting a empty box besides her and grabbing a full one.

Luciel huffed looking down

"He shouldn't have walls around me...he knows I wouldn't leave.."

She said looking at him.

"But luciel that's the problem...you did leave..and it killed him..his walls became his protector instead of you..he needs time."

Amadeus said his eyes soft but true as he said those words to Luciel...

....and that's when she knew, she knew that now more then ever she can't run not anymore..she did once..and she doesn't even know if she can fix it this time, she doesn't know if Kaz will ever let his walls down around her, his gloves off and be able to hold her hand, will he ever be able to forgive her for leaving him when he needed it the most?

"But-I I did it to protect him from Pekka!"

Luciel exclaimed her own doubt starting to creep into her voice.

"Did you?...or did you leave because you were scared? Look I'm not saying this because
I'm out to get you luc I'm saying this because your my friend and Kaz is like my brother and you wanted to know why he's like this...I'm sorry Luciel but sometimes the truth is hard."

Amadeus said putting away the last box and turned to look at her.

Luciel started to stutter her mind turning down ever possibility he was right.

"T that's not true! I wouldn't leave him because I was scared!-d did I?"

She asked the terrible truth finally weighing down on her that Kaz had his walls so high, so thick that even the sun summoner couldn't light up the way, the Black Heretic couldn't even crack them open with his darkness....only Kaz could let them down and knowing him...that would be a long, long, long time.

Announcement
I am sorry for the Short chapters, I am going to start writing longer ones but I felt I needed to get a chapter out today, thank you all for reading and let me know what you think.🖤