The little things

After what seemed to be a successful spill of the truth Luciel never wanted to face, the big things started revealing the smaller things that they would have to find ways to adapt to.

3rd POV
Luciel walked into Kaz's office to inform him she was going to the market to get some food as she saw him trying to hold up a teacup but to no avail, his hands were shaking she could see as Kaz looked up at her and nodded.

"When your out don't forget some bread, I have a whole family of crows who eats from the roof by the window."
Kaz said without missing a beat.

"How did you know I was going out?"
Luciel asked smiling slightly.

"A magician never tells his secrets."
Kaz said but Luciel didn't miss the playful smirk as he looked back down at his teacup his hand still holding the handle.

"Well your right that's what I came up here to tell you..do you uh-need some help with that?"
She asked not knowing exactly what to say to help with his current predicament.

"I'm fine...thank you.."
Kaz responded looking up after a second a slight smile that said don't push this.

"Ok well let Madeus know if you need anything goodbye dove."
She said as she turned around walking down the stairs and outside of the club to the market.

She knew it would take a while to Kaz to admit he needed help with things no matter how small or stupid as he saw them, she didn't know if he was scared of her, or didn't trust her..

2 weeks before

"Kaz?...uh madeus told me to give these to you?" Luciel asked questionably as she walked into the office barely able to see over the stack of paperwork she was now carrying.

"Great more paperwork..oh let me help you."
He grumbled the 1st part before walking over taking the stack from her and adding it to his already paper filled desk.

"Saints Kaz! This is enough paperwork for a year! W what is all this?!"
Luciel exclaimed her eyes scanning over the desk.

"And it's all due In 2 days...registration for the club, applications for employees, debts I need to fill out..favors, information."
He said as he pulled out his quill one again dipping it into his jar of ink and began writing away.

"This is definitely not a one man job..let me help."
Luciel offered partly knowing what his response would be.

"No thank you."

Luciel sighed but said
"Fine..I'll go get you some tea.."
She walked down the stairs preparing the water and the tea, when the water was done and she put the tea in she waiting a minute or two to wait till the tea wasn't scorching hot, she took it up to Kaz putting it on a spot on his desk that wasn't covered in papers.

"Thank you"
Kaz responded taking a drink of his tea before setting it down.

Luciel smirked knowing what would happen as she went and sat down on the bed waiting..a few minutes passed and she heard his quill stop fighting, a yawn, and a soft rustle of papers as Kazs head now lay laying down on his desk mound of papers.

Luciel smiled as she went over and took a huge stack of papers over to the bed sprawling them out and began to write as well, Amadeus walked up the stairs then and said.

"Saints! Is he actually sleeping?!-luc what did you do?"
He asked crossing his arms.

"Nothing..fine I may have added a little sleeping potion to his tea..knowing him he wouldn't have stopped doing this paperwork for days and would make himself sick."
Luciel explained looking back down to the papers.

"....why haven't I thought of that before? Anyway don't stay up too late and let me know if you need anything."
Amadeus said with a smile as he headed back down the stairs.

Luciel looked over to Kaz's now sleeping form and sighed wondering
"When will you let me in?"

Back to the present
Luciel spent the whole market trip wondering and wondering why Kaz wouldn't let her in...would he feel vulnerable? Does he feel threatened? Is he scared of her? What she didn't know was she opposite..

Kaz brekker was scared of himself..scared to love scared to let her down, scared he'll lose her..what will happen when he finally caves into the feeling of love...and how can he love if he can't touch?

So so sorry for the late chapter🖤