Reading the book the right way

3rd Person POV
After what Kaz had told her about reading him the right way, it was the only thing on her mind for weeks...so she studied him like usual but she never picked anything up besides something that made her frustrated...the only conclusion she came too was that he didn't want to tell her anything.

She stormed to Amadeus who was sitting downstairs on a chair by a card table as the club wasn't open today due to renovations.

"Madeus I'm done! I'm done I can't live here with him and want to go forward in our relationship or whatever it is because it doesn't feel like it! He doesn't want to tel me anything!"
Luciel exclaimed gesturing with her hands frustration and anger clearly on her face.

"Whoa whoa whoa luc slow down! I'm sorry but are you really that blind?"
Amadeus asked swiveling his chair to face her.

"What? What do you mean?!"
Luciel asked clearly confused by Amadeus's statement.

"Luc he's right he is a total open book..you just need to read him the right way. Now ever since you've came here you have gotten most of the truth out of him correct? And it definitely wasn't easy?"
Amadeus questioned standing up now.

"Yeah..yeah it definitely wasn't easy.."
Luciel said her eyebrows furrowing.

"That's the first thing you should know luc..when he wants to tell you something it's not easy for him..he could have told you a lie so easily and you would have believed it, he WANTS to tell you the truth but he's scared! That's why it hasn't been easy."
Amadeus explained to Luciel watching her expression go from confusion, to clear realization.

"Saints..saints I'm a idiot! All the signs were right there! Thank you madeus-."
Luciel said dashing up there stairs to Kaz's office.

"Uh-your welcome?"
Amadeus said with a slight chuckle.

Luciel bounded up the stairs into Kaz's office and was met by Kaz's amused face.

"Running a marathon? I could hear you coming up the stairs from here."
He said a smile lacing his words.

"Oh yeah I'm sorry about that..listen I'm going to be straight with you Kaz."
Luciel said breathlessly.

"Oh? Well..go ahead."
Kaz said sitting straighter in his chair prepared to be yelled at.

"Kaz..if you want to open up to me..why are you scared to?"
Luciel asked her voice soft and non accusing as she sat down across from him.

Kaz was a little taken back by her soft tone, he was expecting a outburst or even a shout..but she was concerned, genuinely and clearly concerned.

"I-I'm scared Luciel because..what if I open up and you leave again?..I can't deal with that again..."
Kaz explained his gaze wavering looking anywhere but her.

"Kaz..I understand why your scared and I'm so so so sorry you think I'll leave..you have every right to be scared, but the best I can do is assure you I'm not going to leave, you mean everything to me my dove and I wouldn't leave you for the world...especially not when you need me the most."
Luciel explained her hand going on the desk as a gesture of comfort without actually touching his hand, to her surprise Kaz's leather gloved hand gently and shakily rested ontop of hers.

"Thank you..that uh, that means a lot to me."
Kaz said with a smile.

And after that encounter, that tiny gesture of contact made Luciel realize that they were unstoppable..and they were finally back together.