The Valentine's Surprise

A couple of weeks had passed since Kimmy and Jake had gone on their leave from Smosh, and it was now the day before Valentine's Day with both of them getting accustomed to their new daily routines. Jake was up early most mornings for a run or a workout, while Kimmy was moving around a bit less now, and hardly left the house, unless Jake was with her, with her bump now being quite big, being 30 weeks along. But today, Jake's workout bag was still in their room, and Kimmy was having trouble finding him, after spending 15 minutes looking for him.

Kimmy: Jake? Where are you?

It turned out he was outside, in the hot tub, looking up at the morning sky. He had his earphones in, listening to some music. Feeling like she should do something, Kimmy took off her robe and went out to join him, Jake noticing her when she opened the door.

Jake: Oh, hey.

Kimmy: Hey, you. You okay? Because me and the girls didn't get our morning cuddles and your workout stuff is still in the bedroom.

Jake: Thought I'd switch it up a little. Do a bit of a water workout. Did some laps of the pool and some stretches too. Just finished actually, didn't want to wake you.

Kimmy: Ahh, okay then. You thinking of something as well? Only cos I noticed you looking up at the sky, and you do that when something's on your mind.

Jake: You know me too well.

Kimmy: Because I love you and care about you.

She snuggled herself into Jake's neck and smiled as she closed her eyes.

Jake: You're right, something is on my mind. It's Hannah and Shane. Why would our exes get together?

Kimmy: The way I see it, they're using their relationship as a way to get back at us - but I know it won't work. Our love and bond is too strong to let anything happen.

Jake: You said it, gorgeous.

They shared a small kiss.

Jake: But I will say this, when Hannah says something bad will happen, she normally means it. And that threat she made to us before Christmas means she is serious.

Kimmy: Like I said, it would take something mega bad to happen for her to get between us. And I know that won't happen.

Jake: I love it when you get all assertive.

Kimmy: Hey, I may be pregnant, but who said I can't be a pregnant kick ass mum?!

Jake: Not me, because that's exactly what you'll be. Without a doubt.

They shared one more kiss before getting out of the hot tub and getting a towel each around them.

Jake: Now, you go get ready, and I'll make us some breakfast.

As Jake headed for the kitchen, he playfully grabbed and smacked Kimmy's ass as she went upstairs to get dressed.

Kimmy: Cheeky...

The next day, on Valentine's Day...

Kimmy once again woke up to find Jake not by her side, so she got her robe on and went out to the living room to find the curtains drawn, the room almost in complete darkness, only lit by candles and rose petals. She followed the trail of petals towards the dinner table to see her favourite breakfast of pancakes with bacon, and a fruit smoothie to drink. The sight was also welcomed with Jake only wearing a pair of black jeans and trainers, and she knew she couldn't resist her man shirtless.

Jake: Morning, gorgeous. Happy Valentine's Day.

Kimmy pulled Jake by the arm towards the sofa and pushed him onto it before straddling him as best she could and kissing him like there was no tomorrow for a good 5 minutes before pulling away and hugging him instead.