what jennie wants part 2

"Take care, okay?"

"Don't worry about me, Mom. You take care."

"I will, sweetheart," Bom kissed Jennie one last time on her forehead before letting her go.

I gave the older Kim a nod of goodbye, getting in the car. Last night I slept on the guestroom. Thankfully Seokjin didn't stay and he isn't here right now when Jennie and I are about to go back home. It's already 4PM and we decided to get on the road a little earlier than planned so we wouldn't be home too late.

Earlier today I let Jennie spend the whole day with her mother, not just because we're not on speaking terms but because I knew she'd miss her mom when we get back. After our argument last night, we haven't really bothered talking about it. She doesn't look good, I knew her mother could tell but thankfully she didn't diss me for it. I wish I held Jennie in my arms last night though and have her sleep peacefully, but instead she probably cried all night.

It probably hasn't even been 5 minutes since I drove off when she turned the stereo off.

"We can't not talk the whole way home."

"I'm driving."

"Yeah, you are driving me nuts."

I tried to hide my amusement in her frustration. "What do you want to talk about then?"

"You know what." I can feel her gaze burning through me.

"Our summer getaway?"

"No, our argument last night-but that's still on? You're still taking a leave off work?"

"You thought I'd easily change my mind just because we argued?" I frowned.

"I thought you'd break up with me."

I glanced at her. "Clearly, we don't fight often enough. We have to do it more so you stop thinking one argument makes it over for us. You have to build your faith in me."

"You're sickly romantic even when you're being an ass," she sounded like she wanted to cuddle with me.

Smirking with my eyes on the road, I shook my head. "And you're surprisingly tolerating me when you should be condemning me and telling me to go to hell."

"I would probably go to hell with you if you ever decide to go there," she mumbles.

My fingers drummed on the steering wheel as it went quiet between us. It became intolerable that she soon decided to turn on the radio.

You're always hoping that we make it
You always want to keep my gaze
Well you're the only one I see
And that's the one thing that won't change

Geez. A wedding song. In the silence we have no choice but to comprehend the words of the song.

I'll never stop trying
I'll never stop watching as you leave
I'll never stop losing my breath
Every time I see you looking back at me

Songs are simply much more meaningful this way, when you're alone, in pain, or fighting with Jennie Kim.

I'll never stop holding your hand
I'll never stop opening your door
I'll never stop choosing you babe
I'll never get used to you

It's not that I don't wanna marry her, alright? I'll fucking do it in a heartbeat.

And with this love song to you
It's not a momentary phase
You are my life, I don't deserve you
But you love me just the same