what it feels like to love someone like her

I have this massive crush on my college professor. I learned that she's only 3 years older than I am, teaching as a way to shoulder her graduate school fees. It was my last semester so I patiently waited, really hoping she's still available for when I graduate.

So when Ms. Kim congratulated me with that gorgeous gummy smile, still on my graduation venue, I took it as a sign that I should make my move.

"Thanks, Jennie."

She looks surprised at the first name basis but thankfully, it seemed like a good reaction.

"This is why you get accused of being my favorite," she laughs.

"Am I not?" I smirked.

I worked the hardest on her course, making sure I'm the best one. I volunteer whenever she asks questions, needs help carrying her things and more so naturally, her students think I'm her favorite.

There were others who obviously likes her but unlike me, they chose to show it the wrong way. Trying to catch her attention by flirting instead of studying hard. It could've worked on other people, but not Ms. Kim. I knew she values professionalism so much, she would distance herself on over friendly students, much more those who tries to flirt with her.

I like her humor. I like her kindness. But there's always been a line she never dared cross no matter how fond of me she became.

Looking over my shoulder to see my parents waiting for me, I pointed my thumb to them while pouting at Ms. Kim. "I got to go, but are you free tomorrow night? I want to treat you with some nice food as a thank you."

She was also my mentor when I looked for a job last month, meticulously giving me feedbacks about my resume and helping me prepare for my interview.

"Oh, you don't have to do that Lisa..." she hesitates. "I'm your professor so I was happy to help."

"Not anymore, you're just my friend now. A friend I want to treat," I smiled wide, hoping she'd say yes, "Please?"

-

"How is it? Good?" I asked, watching her savour the wine while cutting the dish I've ordered.

She looks so gorgeous in her simple black dress.

"It's perfect," she grins.

"Here, you can take this-" I was about to exchange our plates since I've already cut my meat into pieces but she stops me.

"I've got it, thanks," she starts slicing her dish.

I nodded, setting my hands back to my sides while being content watching her savour the dish too.

"I'll probably be busy with my graduate thesis paper next week," she mentions, already looking tired just by thinking about it.

Scrunching my face, I faked vomit to make her laugh.

"You'll probably be busy with your work though, right?"

"Maybe," I said, "But I managed to bargain a more flexible schedule so I'll be fine."

"Lucky you," she sighs. I know she loves teaching but I also know how busy she is, juggling her studies with tesching and another part time job.

"If you need help, I guess it's my turn to do so," I cheekily said.

"It's alright, I can handle it," she answers, still grateful.