Chapter Four

Alex's POV

"Hey idiot are you entertained?" I heard Kai ask and so I looked up from my phone.

"Sure I am, my bestfriend is getting married, tying the knot, dancing her last dance, bidd—"

"Okay that's enough and it's not funny, so shut the fuck up." Kai interrupted my exaggeration.

Kai has been in a mood for the past two weeks and all due to this day—her wedding day. By all means I understand her annoyance, she's getting married which is one of the things she never wanted to do, and to top it all to a girl she barely knows and that hates her guts.

Iliana Barnes is hard headed and temperamental—perhaps the most stubborn woman I've met. And is because of that that I think she's the perfect compliment for Kai's personality. Why? Well Kai's natural silliness, recklessness and immaturity in contrast to Iliana's personality might sound like the perfect mix for disaster but in my opinion—it's exactly what they both need.

They level each other.

The issue being that the blondie has a boyfriend and Kai does not care for her. At least not enough because knowing my best friend—if she wanted to, she could swept her off her feet. It's strange that Kai doesn't go for it if I'm being honest, given that Iliana is definitely a challenge and god knows Kai loves a challenge.

We'll see what happens after this marriage starts from today on... I bet it's going to a joy to watch.

"What's up your ass Kai? You should be happy it's your big day! You are—"

She raised a finger, "Say it one more time, I dare you." Kai said threateningly.

I smirked and raised my arms in surrender with chuckled. Messing with a annoyed Kai is funnier than normal.

"Malakai." Henrik Raymond called out to his daughter from the door. He looked fine and elegant in his fancy tux, with his hair recently cut and his beard trimmed. Kai's dad besides being pretty much of a prick—is still a handsome man with big green eyes just like Kai. Age hasn't been bad to him, if only it has given him a more intimidating appearance.

I took his arrival as my cue to leave, so I exited the room and headed to were the rest of the bridesmaids—that were composed by Kai's strained cousins and Iliana's were her friends... her maid of honor being a certain blonde that I haven't seen in a while.

I was looking at April in hopes she would turn her gaze towards me and luckily, she did. I winked at her earning a roll of eyes and a shy smile from the blonde—honey eyed girl.

The last time I saw April was that weekend back in the yacht. The reason for it being that she didn't give me her number nor did she come by the penthouse ever since, and if she did I wasn't there.

All of that weekend consisted on the both of us teasing each— discreetly that is. I had the impression she didn't want Iliana to find out and it honestly doesn't bother me. I can only imagine how annoying she could get if she found out.

Also in those two days April didn't let me kiss her on the lips... which was a bit frustrating but I also kind of liked it.

I don't know what we are playing at but I'm enjoying it.

Then the ceremony started — I watched as Kai and then Iliana were walked down the aisle. I felt some kind of pride by getting to see my best friend walking it down—even if it's not the best of circumstances.

After they read their vows I could see the two brides to be speaking amongst themselves, and by Iliana's expression I could tell Kai was saying something dumb.