Chapter Seventeen

April's POV

Being woken up by the rays of sunlight peaking through the curtains, wasn't the most pleasing way to wake up. Until I remembered with who I was waking up with.

Reaching and touching the other side of my bed with my eyes still closed, I was confused to find it empty. Opening my eyes I noticed I was alone in the bedroom, the bathroom door was open, but no one was inside.

Confused, I took the sheets off me and stood up from the bed. I put on the first shirt I saw on and first went to the bathroom to do all my business. Once I got out I walked outside to the living room, Squirrel laying by the window and the smell of food in the air.

There in the kitchen in front of the stove stood just who I was looking for. "I thought you had left?"

Drew turned the stove off and faced me, "I did leave, I went to feed and check up on Bandit real quick and came back to make breakfast."

I approached him and put my arms around his shoulders and he put his on my hips, he was wearing only pajama shorts and was shirtless—his buff toned arms and abs out in the open to be admired. "It was weird to not wake up besides you, that's why I was confused."

"Well I was hoping on bringing you the breakfast to bed... but you woke up." Drew smiled softly down at me, his brown hair shaggy like he just woke up and forgot to brush it. I noticed traces of beard beginning to grow as I ran my fingers on his chiseled jaw.

"So I ruined your plans?" I raised a brow.

Drew chuckled and his smile grew—showcasing both his dimples and his shiny white smile. I swear his fangs kinda looked like vampire ones. The first time I mentioned it to him he couldn't stop laughing. "You did, beautiful."

"We can still have dessert on bed." I offered suggestively, running my hands through his short shaggy hair, taking it off his eyes.

"I like the sound of that better. Now let's eat before it before the food gets cold, I made pancakes." He leaned down and pecked my lips before setting the plates of food on the table. I was about to go get the juice from the fridge, but I was ushered to sit down instead—Drew taking care of everything.

We have been dating for around three months after sleeping around for like a month, and if I have to be honest they have been the best three months I've had in a relationship. Drew has been nothing short of respectful, sincere and patience—a true gentleman if there is a better word for it.

And I haven't thought about Alex in a long time— well except when I rarely meet up with Kai and she brings it up while telling a story. But apart from that, not one thought.

Why should I give Alex more importance in my life? She played with me. She was so emotionally immature and such an asshole.

Not to me.

No, yes to me. She used me.

But fuck... was she good in bed.

Not that Drew's abilities in bed are bad, not at all, he's fucking amazing in bed. And I'm totally, one hundred percent not trying to compare the two of them. Even if I did... or had maybe done so a few times before... they are complete opposites of each other, Drew was willing to give me everything that Alex was not.

So why would I stay a beg to someone that doesn't deserve me, when I have someone as fantastic as Drew wanting me?

I'm over Alex.