Chapter Sixteen

Alex's POV

"Alex? Alex?" I heard the distant yells from Kai as they woke me up, but my eyes remained shut, my eyelids still too heavy to open. The sound of the door to my room opening made me groan internally, "Are you serious? Alex is three in the afternoon."

"What the—" I heard a voice say from besides me, reminding me I had company in the room other than my best friend. Turning on my side, finally opening my eyes and saw the girl I met last night, covering herself with the sheets, her face in confusion as she saw Kai standing there unbothered by the situation.

"Kai get out of here."

She looked between the two of us on the bed and rolled her eyes, "Fine, but I'll be downstairs in the living."

"Whatever just get out." I grumbled sitting up on the bed. I watched the unknown woman start looking for her scattered clothes around the room. Sighing I stood from the bed and made my way to the bathroom, but not before acknowledging the other woman in the room. "You know where the door is." I dismissed her.

"You are such a bitch." The woman said, now dressed she left my room with the heels on her hand, slamming the door behind her.

I shook my head at that and went to the bathroom to take a shower, because this hangover headache is killing me. The cold water felt oddly good, making the aching in my head become a bit numb. Still not enough though, I need some pills for the headache. I took my time showering, in the hopes that Kai would get tired and leave.

However Kai being the annoying and persistent little shit she is, stayed and was very comfortable on my couch as she played f1 on my playstation. "Why are you still here?" I asked walking to the kitchen.

"Did you think I came just to wake you up? Also, who was that girl?" Kai said, still focused on the game.

"I have no idea to be honest." I grabbed a red bull out of the fridge and sat at the barstool.

"You are gonna get an STDS at this pace Alexandria." Kai commented pausing her game.

"You talk about me like you don't sleep around too."

"Sure I do, but I get tested every month as well. Do you?" My best friend stood up from the couch and joined me on the barstool. "Does the red bull help your hangover?"

"I do, and it's not for that, is just to wake me up." I took a sip of my drink.

"You could drink coffee instead." She noted.

"I could, but I prefer this. Malakai why are you here? I find it hard to believe it's to recommend me to drink coffee, so?" I looked at my friend, her face full of badly disguised mischief.

She shrugged, "Can't I be here only because I want to see my best friend?"

"No."

"Ouch, you've been a lot or more cranky these pass months." Kai took the red bull from my hands and finished it herself. I glared at her as she stood up to throw the empty can in the trash.

"What the hell is your problem?!"

"I was thirsty, anyway why are you in a mood?" Kai questioned nonchalantly.

"I'm hungover, why else?" I rolled my eyes.

"No, I don't buy that." Kai pouted and narrowed her eyes.

I sighed and stood up from the barstool, "What is there to be happy about?"

"Oh I get it, you are still depressed over April? It's been six months Alex, and it was your fault to be fair. You drove her away, so why are you so down about it?" Kai said, getting on my nerves even more. I swear it's like she wants to piss me off, and knowing her, I'm sure that's exactly what she wants.