Chapter Seven

April's POV

"I'm telling you April, she's planning something!" Iliana exclaimed while moving her arms.

I looked up from my phone, "Who are we talking about?"

"Kai! April, we are talking about Kai, were you even paying to anything I just told you?" Iliana questioned me with a raised brow.

Not really.

I was texting Alex and I kind of just lost myself there for a moment. We have been talking more often lately... the sex has been more often as well.

"Sorry Lia." I gave her a guilty smile.

"You've been weird as of late as well, what's up with you? And who are you texting with." Iliana narrowed her grey eyes at me.

"I— no one."

"No one?"

"Yeah... just my mom texting me about... her zodiac?"

Really April? The zodiac?

"What?" Iliana looked confused.

"Nevermind— what were you saying about Kai?" I tried changing back the subject and luckily it worked and Iliana began ranting about her wife's behavior again.

"And it's so weird because Kai is a jerk but lately —or more like since we got back from— France she has been acting like anything but, she has been so... sweet."

"Why is that bad?"

"Because is Kai, it doesn't make sense!"

"So you prefer when she acts like a jerk?"

"What? No, that's not what I mean. I mean that she must be up to something, people just don't change up like that overnight." She fell back on the chair and sighed.

"You are right, they don't... so Iliana did something happen on the honeymoon?" I asked my best friend — she hasn't really given me much details about their trip and that is weird.

Iliana scoffed, "Of course not, don't be disgusting that's Kai, ew."

Now it was my turn to look at her suspiciously. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. Absolutely nothing happened, April, I have a boyfriend remember?" I know something happened there, I'm not dumb, Iliana is hiding something—but who am I to judge her since I have my own secrets.

"No, I don't, I forget about Josh's existence almost every day. You should try it too, Lia." I laughed at the dirty look my friend gave me.

"It's not funny."

"Oh no, it is funny, very funny."

I really hate that guy.

Iliana rolled her eyes. "Anyways, what are you doing today?" We were still stuck at work so I haven't really planned anything... well until I got a text from Alex, that's it.

Alex Dean

Have you had your lunch break?

No.

Perfect.

I'm waiting for you outside.

What? Are you serious?

Very.

Now hurry up, cute stuff.