Chapter Five

Alex's POV

What to do, what to do...

I didn't think Kai being gone for her honeymoon would be this boring. Like, sure I have work and that keeps me fairly busy during the mornings but afterwards I'm just bored... I've never realized my lack of friends— well, true friends.

Kai had sent me a picture of her and her wifey during their honeymoon and surprisingly they seemed to be having a good time.

I aimlessly went through my contacts until I came across certain someone — I had forgotten that I asked April for her number at the wedding party.

I checked the time on my watch—so he's probably still at work, not that I know where she works or what she does for a living but by the time it's just a guess.

Fuck it I'll just call her.

I dialled her number and it rang a few times before it picked up. "Yes Alex?"

"How did you know it was me?"

"Well there's this thing known as ID caller..."

Oh right.

"Yeah, I knew that..." I cleared my throat. "Anyways, what are you up to cute stuff?"

"You know, the usual—working."

I hummed, "Have you eaten?"

"What are you my mom?" I heard her question being followed by her laugh and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"How funny," I spinned on my desk chair. "Have dinner with me."

"Is that a question or a demand miss Dean?"

"You can take it as you like."

"Fine... meet you there or you come pick me up?"

"I'm picking you up, so send me your location and I'll be there soon." I didn't let her answer by ending the call.

I stood up from my chair and grabbed my blazer—just then my phone sounded and it was a text from the blonde with her current location and another text under it.

April Chambers

Someone is bossy today... good thing that I think the attitude is hot on you Dean.

I chuckled at it but didn't reply to the text and instead locked the phone and put it inside my pocket.

As I got out of my office I got called out by someone. I turned around and smirked as I came face to face with my lovely coworker.

"Maya, how can I help your sexy self today?" I asked the former intern that was not so subtly stripping me with her gaze.

"I was just wondering if you were doing anything tonight? Because I happen to need some... help with something at my place and I think you would be the right person for to help me out."

I chuckled, "I'm going out for dinner right now... but if it doesn't end as expected I'll be more than happy to help you out."

"Have a nice date, I'll be waiting miss Dean." She winked at me before walking away—her hips swaying seductively as she did.

I shook my head and got into the elevator.

April and I going for dinner it's not a date, I just invited her to get to know her better since, well—I ate her out in a bathroom at our best friend's wedding and everytime we see each other something ends up happening, yet I know absolutely nothing about the girl. Do I want to get to know her? Yeah, she's intriguing and we will be seeing each other a lot given her relationship with my best friend's wife.