𝙱𝚄𝙶 𝙱𝙸𝚃𝙴

"You wanted to talk?" Tendou asked worriedly. I sat on my porch and motioned for Tendou to sit down next to me. I turned to face him and the confusion was evident on his face.

"Yeah... um... I'm not quite sure how to start this conversation but..." Tendou watched me as I struggled to find the words I was looking for to properly express a situation I couldn't even understand for myself.

"It's alright, take your time," he said with a smile.

       "This past month with you has been absolutely amazing," I began.

     "I feel the same way!" Tendou chirped as he bounced a little. I gave him a soft smile and sighed as I continued.

     "That being said Tendou, it just doesn't feel right. Not in this way, I mean. We were great as friends but I don't think I can see you as anything more than tha-"

     "But you told me you loved me!" Interrupted Tendou, a little panic strung in his tone.

     "I didn't know what to say! No matter what you do, I just can't seem to love you in the way you want me to. I know you may think that I led you on but... what I needed was someone. And you were there... and I was selfish and I took the opportunity. But I knew it wasn't going to work because being with you was like itching a bug bite. I mean sure it gives  you temporary relief, but the bite is still there and it gets worse the more you scratch it. Tendou, I love you as a friend... but do you get what I'm saying?"

     "Yeah... I think I get it," he said softly, "I guess you're leaving too."

     "Tendou..."

      "No, no," he said while plastering a fake smile on his face, "I'm not upset! To be honest I'm quite used to it at this point. We can still be friends Y/n."

     "I hope so," I said with a sigh. He stood to get up and walk back to his car. He made it around halfway there before he turned back around to me.

    "I just need to know one more thing before I go," he began, "It's because of him isn't it?"

    I nod.