Chapter 2: You Can Cook... Right?

Saturday morning and Y/N was up and ready for school. He just had to wait for his sister and then they would be off to carry through another day and finally return home to rest and not have to worry about it.

(In case you don't know, there is an optional school day on Saturdays in Japan. Kids tend to go because education is very important in Japan).

As he waited for his sister, his mother came out. Y/N was sitting on the ground watching whatever was on not carrying what he was viewing. "What are you watching?" his mother asked.

"I don't know," he answered quickly.

"Alright," she responded.

His mother didn't say much else knowing that screaming into a cave and hearing the echo would give more of a conversation than this. Suddenly, her phone goes off. She pulls it out and sees that it says "husband."

Her eyes lit up and she immediately answers it. "Hey honey," she said excitedly.

Y/N eyes light up and he looks at his mother knowing that she was talking to his father. "That's dad?" he asked.

She nods her head yes. Y/N began to get excited that he'll finally be able to hear his father's voice again. He hadn't heard it ever since his father took a job. He practically lives at his job now and just sends the money he makes over to Y/N's mother so she can pay for stuff.

"Are you calling to say that you're coming back?" she asked him.

"Yes, I am. I'm on my way now and should be there by the time Y/N and Kokoro get out of school," he replied. "Only for a few days though."

"That's fine. I'm sure Kokoro and Y/N will be happy to see you!" she told him.

"He's coming back?!" Y/N asked with pure excitement.

"For a few days," she quickly told him before going back to listening to her husband.

"Is that Y/N?" he asked his wife.

"Yeah, you wanna talk with him?" she inquired.

"Of course!" he answered.

The mom hands the phone to Y/N. He didn't question it and picked up the phone. "Hey dad!" he said.

"Hey, Y/N," he responded.

"It's so great to hear your voice again."

"Same here. And it'll be great to see you again."

"It really will be," Y/N said while almost tearing up.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Can you put your mom back on the phone real quick?"

"Yeah," he said before handing the phone back to his mother.

They begin talking again and Y/N looks down the hall and sees that Kokoro still wasn't out. "I'm gonna head out. Tell dad that I love him again," Y/N told his mom before walking away.

"Will do. Bye!" she told him as he left.

Y/N began walking down the street with a massive smile on his face. "YES! YES! YES!" he said, not being able to handle his excitement. "Finally, I can see dad again. Not can be better than this."

Later, Y/N was in lunch. "Barbecue beef combo, please," he asked the lunch lady.

She hands it over to him and he hands over the money. He takes it and begins looking for a place to sit. He felt a sudden force coming at him with great speed. He wouldn't have the chance to dodge it so he needed to get ready. He placed his feet, gritted his teeth, and ate that horse.