Chapter 7: The Mid-Term

Y/N was sitting in class as the teacher announced the mid-term exams. "Mid-term exam, huh?" he questioned. "I should do well. My grades are good."

Later, he was out in the hallway when he heard a voice he loved to her. "Y/N!" Nino said.

He turns around to see Nino with two of her friends. "Nino!" he said back upon seeing her.

She reaches him with her friends following close behind. "It's really great to see you again," she told him. "And girls, this is my boyfriend, Y/N."

"It's nice to meet you."

"It's cool to meet Nino's boyfriend."

"Thanks," he replied. "It's nice to meet you too."

"So, I was thinking we all cou-"

"NINO!!!" screamed a male voice.

"What the hell?" Y/N questioned before looking at Fuutarou.

"Come on, you need to study if you're gonna be ready for the exam!" he told her.

"Who is that guy?" one of the girls asked.

"Yeah, who is he?" the other girl asked.

"Ignore him, he's just a stalker. Come on," she told them before they walk up the stairs past him.

"Isn't he your tutor?" Y/N whispered asked.

"I said come on!" Nino said as she continued to walk away.

"Nino, come on, we can do it anytime! Your place or mine, I don't care," he told her.

Nino huffs and turns around and walks towards him, leaving her boyfriend and friends alone for a moment. Upon reaching him, she shouts "YOU'RE GIVING PEOPLE THE WRONG IDEA" before slapping him as hard as she could.

Later, Y/N and Nino are walking away from school. "So, are you worried about the mid-term exam?" he asked her.

"Hmm, not really," she told him after thinking about for not even two seconds.

"So, your tutor has been good at teaching you and your sisters?" Y/N asked her.

"I've barely paid attention to anything that idiot says," she retorted.

"Oh, well, have you been studying on your own?" he asked her.

"Here and there," she answered.

"Well, at least you are studying," he retorted.

"Yeah, and hey, you could help me study," she said. "You got good grades, right?"

"Well, yeah, and I would be more than happy to help you out," he told her.

"Great!" she responded with a smile.

Y/N could feel his heart begin to melt at the sight of her smile. "Behind you," she told him.

"Huh?" he responded before feeling a hand smacking the back of his head. "I should have known."

"Haha," Kokoro laughed.

"Hey Kokoro," Nino said.

"Hey, where are you two going?" she asked them.

"My place. Y/N is going to help me study," Nino told her.

"Oh, really now?" Kokoro asked with a smirk.

"Don't think too much about it," he told her. "Can you just tell mom I'm not gonna be home for a while?"

"Yeah, it's no problem. I'll see you two later," she said before walking away.

After that, Nino and Y/N head off to her home. Upon entering her home, they see Fuutarou trying to teach Yotsuba, Miku, and Ichika. "Ugh, he's here," Nino said.