Chapter 3: Nino's... Doggy?

Y/N sleeps soundly in his bed enjoying his rest. Eventually, his eyes open up and he processes being awake. He gets up and cracks his neck. "Time for another day of school," he said before getting out of bed and putting his clothes for school on.

He walks out of his room and to the kitchen to make himself some breakfast. He decided to be simple and make a bowl of cereal. After pouring the cereal and milk in, he sat down and ate it. As he did, he thought about his childhood with his father.

"I got it!" a very young Y/N yelled out as he caught a baseball.

"Haha! Nice catch!" his father told him.

"Haha! Take this!" Y/N shouted as he threw the ball back to his father.

He catches the ball and tells his son "nice throw!" before throwing the ball back to him.

Y/N catches it once again and wore a smile. Present-day, Y/N was chewing his food as a single tear rolled down his cheek. He swallows the food and says "I wish you were here."

"Huh?" asked a feminine voice.

He jumps and looks to sees his sister. "Kokoro?" he said.

"Are you alright?" she asked him.

He quickly wipes away the tear and tells her "yeah. I'm fine."

"You sure?" she asked.

"I told you that I'm fine!" he snapped.

"Jeez, ok," she retorted.

He sits back down and continue to eat his cereal before it gets any soggier. Kokoro decided to make herself a bowl of cereal too before their mother came out to tell them to leave for school. The air in the room self awkward as the siblings ate together but in complete silence.

Eventually, Y/N would finish his bowl and put it in the sink. His sister was about half way done as their mother came in. "I see you two are up," she said.

"Yup," Y/N retorted.

"MmmMmm," Kokoro retorted with a mouth full of milk and cereal.

"Finish up, and head out to school, alright Kokoro?" the mother asked her daughter.

"MmmMmmMmm," Kokoro retorted.

"I'm going to head out now," Y/N told his mother.

"Are you sure?" asked his mom.

"Mmm?" Kokoro questioned.

"Yeah, you know, get a head start," Y/N replied.

Swallowing the cereal and milk, Kokoro says "cough, to look at Nino, cough."

Looking at his sister with a blank face, Y/N tells her "I will murder you in your sleep."

The mother places hands on her son's back and tells him "go."

"Alright," he retorted before walking away and out of the house.

The mother watches as he leaves and turns to her daughter. "Hey, Kokoro," she said.

"Yeah?" Kokoro asked before taking another bite.

"Does Y/N ever, you know, worry you?" she asked her.

"I mean, at times, but I'm sure he's fine," Kokoro answered.

"I don't know. I just feel that he's hiding something," she replied.

"He's a teenager. All teenager hide something from their parents," Kokoro bluntly said which caused her mother to glare. "Except me, I'm a open book!"