Chapter 5: Hanging Out

"Finally," Y/N groaned as he got to the front door of his home.

"Today was stressful," Kokoro said.

"At least we're home now," the former baseball player said before opening the front door.

They walk in and their mother sees this. "Hey guys," Asano said. "I got dinner cooking."

"Great, I can't wait to eat," Y/N said while rubbing his stomach.

"Same here. I haven't eaten since lunch obviously," Kokoro added.

"Well, I'll make sure to make extra when you two want seconds," their mother said with a sweet smile on her face.

"Thanks," they both said.

Y/N walks away and goes to his room. Upon entering, he grabs his baseball, kicks his shoes off, and lets himself fall onto his bed. He lays down and tosses the ball into the air and catches it as it came back down.

"What the hell should I do?" he asked himself as he lied there.

Right after asking that, he got a phone call. He pulls out his phone and sees that the call comes from someone who he didn't have saved in his phone. He thinks about dismissing it but a second thought came to mind.

"It could be a scammer and I could mess with them so I can have some fun. I got nothing better to do after all," he thought. The teenager answers the phone and puts it to his ear so he could listen. "Hello."

"Hey," said Nino.

Y/N sits up upon hearing her voice. "N-Nino?" he asked her.

"Yeah, it's me," she said.

"Oh... uh... I don't mean to sound rude, but how did you get my number?" he asked her.

"Kokoro," she answered.

"I should have figured that," he said, feeling slightly stupid.

"Yeah. And sorry for not asking you, I just... uh..."

"Don't sweat it. It's fine," he told her. "What's up?"

While in her room, Nino blushes slightly and tugs her knees to her chest. She takes her right arm and wraps them around her legs to keep them there. "Well... remember the festival?" she asked him.

"Yeah, I had a lot of fun," he answered.

"I did too," she replied. "Also, remember the end of the night?"

"How could I forget?" he retorted. "Kokoro posted that image of you patting my head and is refusing to take it down..."

Nino chuckles. "I saw. But you remember when I asked you if you want to hang out, right?" she asked.

"Oh, yeah, yeah, of course, I remember," he said. "Oh..."

"Yeah. I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out this Saturday. We could go out and do anything. Just you and me," she said. "Does that sound good?"

"Yeah, it does. It really does," he answered.

"I'm glad. And you don't have to worry about money. I'll pay for everything," she reassured him.

"Haha, got it. This does sound genuinely good and a lot of fun," he said.

"Great. I can't wait to see you," she told him.

"I can't wait to see you either," he replied.

"Well, see you then," she said.

"See ya," he responded before hanging up. His face turns bright red. "DID I REALLY JUST AGREE TO A DATE WITH HER?!"