Chapter 8.5

(This is purely an what if chapter and a little story I figured I would put in considering I took so long in between 8 and 9 to do this so enjoy and ignore this later on in the story)

Y/N sleeps soundly in his room, his slumber being soon interrupted by his phone going off. Two vibrates and he grabs his phone off the nearby desk in his room, he opens a single eye and looks at the screen. It was a text from Nino, which grabbed his attention as if his phone had grown an arm and forced him to open his eyes and give his complete and utter attention.

Y/N sat up and rolled over onto his back and unlocked his phone to fully look at the text. It read "Hey, I'm gonna go shopping later. Do you wanna join me? I'm getting groceries btw."

Taking a second to process being awake, Y/N texted back "Yeah, when are you going to be heading out?"

After sending the text, he put his phone aside, rubbed his eyes, and let out a loud yawn whilst stretching out. When last looked at his phone, it was around 9 AM. He was hoping to get a little bit more sleep considering he went to bed at 2 AM. Should he have stayed up that late? No, but he has to sleep early basically every day of the week so he decided to stay up later since he could afford it since it was the weekend.

He grabbed onto his blanket, moved it off him, and stepped onto the floor of his room. He pushed his hair aside and stood up and made his way to the door. Opening it, he walked out and saw his sister in the bathroom, doing her hair with a toothbrush in her mouth.

She turned to look at him and they made eye contact. Not being able to communicate via words, she lifted her chin to say "Hey" and he did the same after her. He walked away and stepped into the kitchen and saw his mother cooking.

"Morning, Y/N," she said.

"Morning, Mom."

"How did you sleep?"

"I slept fine."

"Even though you stayed up until 2 AM?"

He gulped slightly. "Uh... yeah?"

Asano chuckled to herself. "Don't worry, I'm not mad at you. I used to do the same when I was a kid."

"Oh, good," he said with a relieved sigh. "By the way, Nino messaged me asking if I could join her for food shopping. Would it be alright if I joined her?"

"Of course! You didn't have to ask me that, Y/N," she told him.

He smiled. "Good."

"I don't know if you can do that," Kokoro said from the bathroom before coming in with her hair in a messy bun.

Y/N looked at her confused. "What makes you say that?"

"Because stores don't allow people to bring their doggies into the store unless they're service dogs."

Y/N looked at her with a blank stare. "I will shove my fist up your-"

"Kokoro go," Asano said. Kokoro promptly left and headed to her room. Y/N covered his hand with his face and let out a loud sigh. "Hey, just ignore her."

"I know, I know. But still."

"I know how she can be. You just go and enjoy today with Nino."

"Thanks, mom."

He left the kitchen and went to take care of his business in the bathroom. After he was finished freshening up and not looking like a zombie that had just crawled out of a grave, he walked back into his room, letting out yet another yawn, and sat down on his bed.

He grabbed his phone and saw a text from Nino that was from a few minutes ago. He opened his phone and saw that it read "around 1100. I'll come by your place and we can head to the store. Sound good?"