Cap. 5

Scientist don't know why we sleep but they know that sleeping is necessary for the basic vital function of the person to work well. It's recommended a period of 8 consecutive hour of sleep every day, and it's highly discouraged staying up late for more than one day consecutively or you'll have some consequences.

Brett was not staying up late but his best friend kept him up till late. Eddy entered his head while dreaming and he lived the perfect relationship for some hours for few nights a week and of course this reflected the morning after. He was not able to focus and playing was way more difficult, and fortunately he was dreaming of Eddy just two or three times a week, but obviously those two or three times were the nights before he had to see Eddy for filming. Thanks brain. And the worst part was that he couldn't do anything to prevent it: staying up? He was already tired, sleeping pills? He still had dreams, dream catchers? Ineffective.

Eddy: "That's it for today guys, remember to accent the like button and legato the subscribe button and see you next time"

Brett: "Bye!"

Good another day of filming without Eddy suspecting something. Or this is what he thought.

Eddy: "Who were you thinking?"

Came the unexpected question from the taller violinist as he was packing the camera and the mic.

Brett: "Hm?"

Eddy: "You were spacing out before, who were you thinking?"

Crap! Why does Eddy have to be the only person on the planet that can read through his deadpan?

Brett: "Nobody...I was just distracted..."

Eddy: "Breeeett?"

Brett: "Why did I have to think to someone and not something maybe?"

Eddy: "Because the only other time I saw you like this was in high school when you were wondering to ask Cindy out"

Crap gotcha!

Brett: "N-no..."

Eddy: "Are you sure?"

Brett: "S-s-sure"

Eddy: "Ok, but I just want to remember you that you stutter when you are lying"

Brett: "O God give me peace!"

He listened his mouth say before he could interfere. It was way louder than he expected and the face Eddy made was basically a punch right in his guts.

Brett: "Sorry...I didn't mean to shout..."

He said containing a sob

Eddy: "Are you sure to be fine Brett?"

Brett: "I'm just tired...I didn't sleep well tonight"

Eddy: "Oh...I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come to the cinema with me and Austin but I guess it will be for the next time..."

Brett: "...sorry"

Eddy: "If you need to sleep, you need to sleep...don't worry"

He said visibly hurt. He hated to treat Eddy like this, but he couldn't tell him the truth, it was just not an option, he could have lost him forever.

Brett: "I'm sorry Eddy...I don't know what got into me...I really didn't mean to shout and I'm sorry for being rude and not being able to come with you two tonight..."

Eddy: "Hey I told you it's fine..."

His face was much softer like the excuses had really been effective