Cap. 13

Now there was a problem, a massive one actually: on the one hand he couldn't leave Austin the day he was supposed to meet his best friend to present him his partner, and on the other hand Austin had just behaved out of his usual self once again. For masochist that Eddy could be he could still see the difference between 'I went a little too further carried by the moment' like under the shower and 'I claim you as my property because I don't believe your words when you say that you don't fuck with your best friend' like he had just done.

He was still laying on the bed, belly down when the taller man entered the room approximately one hour later. Eddy shut his eyes closed, he didn't want to see him now, he didn't want to feel his hands on him in this precise moment. He felt the matrass dip near his feet as Austin sat down facing the other way

Austin: "...sorry...I didn't mean to hurt you, it's just...I love you so much Eddy and knowing that you keep things from me...I can't help but being angry"

Austin leaned in his direction caressing softly his back, despite the weak flinch from Eddy.

Austin: "Let me help you..."

He said before scooping the violinist from the bed and carrying him like he was made out of the most fragile glass a master glass maker could do. He carried him to the shower and gently made him sit on the plastic stool inside. He stepped in after removing his clothes and regulated the water till it was at the right temperature for the poor body of Eddy and started cleaning him with so much care that even the littlest scratch didn't hurt during the process. When they were both cleaned, he brought Eddy back in the bedroom still wrapped in the big towel and proceeded in helping him to dress.

Eddy remained still all the time making just little indispensable movements, and weak flinches as the other man touched him. He would have liked to push him completely away but he was still too weak and he didn't want to trigger him and feel the same pain he had just experienced, but he couldn't help but shiver as their skin brushed against each other's.

Austin finished his pampering by putting Eddy beneath the blankets again and climbed the bed soon after pulling Eddy onto his chest. It was in that moment that Eddy lost it and started crying out loud clinging for his dear life at the taller man

Austin: "Let it all out...I'm here if you want to talk about it...sorry for not telling you, the next time I'll be more explicit...damn I completely messed up right?"

He chuckled

Austin: "Let's make like all of this never happened...ok?"

Never happened? What kind of person does this to someone he claims to love and then 'yo dude let's make like I didn't scare the shit out of you without giving you an explanation for my behavior?' What kind of dignity Austin thought Eddy had? And what kind of power did he think he had on Eddy to pretend that he would forget something like this in the matter of one hour?

Eddy: "I...I don't know if I can trust you...why don't we see how it goes tonight and then I'll decide...?"

Austin: "Ok...thank you for giving me another chance...I promise I won't waste it"

He didn't say yes to Austin proposal, but he basically did.

How Austin could master to have such nonchalance that night was a mystery to Eddy. He was trained in showing Brett the best faces to cover his huge feelings for him so for Eddy was fairly easy behaving like nothing was. Austin also had the courage to say that Eddy didn't let him in his underwear, wow like Eddy had really said yes to his proposal.

The truth was that Eddy was not able to break up with a person for dangerous that it might be. He had dated girls that were the worst kind of psycho but he could avoid situation like this, maybe because this was the actual first time that he was really trying to put effort in the relationship and he went beyond the usual breaking point. He could stop at 'the right time' with his other partners. But with Austin it was a completely different story and also the fact that Brett seemed to approve was bad for his insecurities about his relationship. If Brett would have made a strange face or a slightly borderline comment, he would have dropped Austin immediately, but he didn't. He dead panned all the night and smiled every time Austin looked at him, and who wouldn't? The blonde man behaved like the perfect partner. Like he did till two days ago.