Cap. 9

! WARNING ! : suicide mention and suicidal thoughts ahead, consider yourself warned!

Things started to go worse after the dinner at Eddy's and Austin's place.

Being the perfect best friend is not something easy. But if you're really fond of the crazy dude by your side it comes easier. But still, nobody tells you how to act in some situations, you have to figure it out on your own and this is the difficult part.

Brett had always been the one that could easily fit in those types of situations but this time the question was something that you don't hear every day: How can I cover my enormous crush on my best friend while he has a boyfriend and I keep making dreams in which we end up together?

Yeah, not something you hear every day. During the last two months he had dreamt about hundreds of scenarios: Eddy showing up with roses, Eddy picking him up at disco late in the night, Eddy being a mermaid he had to rescue, Eddy being a secret agent that made an undercover mission to save them both, Eddy about to leave and Brett stopping him by declaring his love for him...damn he also dreamed Eddy with hanahaky!

(Every reference to my other fanfictions is purely casual ;)

He was becoming a bank of ideas for new fanfictions fan could write about them! But as always, he was the perfect best friend: he put on his dead pan look every morning and, in the evening, he cried himself to sleep.

It was not just the existence of Austin that bothered Brett, but the fact that Eddy was slowly becoming more and more absent in his life thanks to Austin. They barely hang out, and outside their filming session it was rare that they met.

Maybe it was better like this: away from the eyes, away from the heart. But at the end of the day, that pain of knowing his beloved was with someone else was there to wait for him, to squeeze his chest till the little happiness he had gained during the day was gone and another dream was ready to assault his few cerebral cells able to survive the lack of sleep.

Eddy: "Brett...hem I think we have to talk"

It was that one famous phrase that could change a day from being a normal day to be a special one, Brett had become an expert in recognizing them by now.

Brett: "Hem...sure"

He said a little worried before flopping on the sofa next to Eddy.

Eddy: "I guess there's not a proper way to ask you this but...are you ok?"

Brett: "Sure why are you asking me?"

Eddy: "It's some time that I don't have a good feeling about you"

Brett: "What do you mean?"

He asked like trying to hide something, failing. The already concerned tone of Eddy become even darker after this

Eddy: "You know what I mean: you keep spacing out, it always seems like you didn't get enough sleep and you just don't look like you're good, you're even paler than you use to be and skinnier...is it still the crush on the mysterious dude?"

He should have remembered that Eddy could read him like an open book through his dead pan. And this time he had saw what was the real problem without naming it, and maybe if he discovered the name Eddy would have left him, maybe forever. He couldn't tell him, he simply couldn't, this was not one of his fantasies Eddy wouldn't have confessed in a weird way his love for him, this was the real life. He was sure of this because Eddy was wearing the bracelet Austin gifted him with.