2 ~ secret smiles

CW : Smoking mentioned, marijuana
TW : mild self harm/emotional abuse allusion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Only fools fall for you" and I'm the biggest fool out there

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As the two walked into his home, she stared in awe while yawning, finally starting to warm up while also feeling exhausted. She took out her phone and texted Carlos:

I'm spending the night at a friend's. I'll be back before school.

B saef

She smiled at his drunken response and tucked her phone away. She stayed behind Ben as he showed her her room, a guest room called 'The Sea," which was ocean inspired. "This place is really nice, why have I never seen it before?" She questioned Ben as he returned to the room with a change of clothes for her to sleep in : shorts and a T-shirt with the periodic table on it.

She smiled at the boy and immediately began examining the shirt. "Thank you by the way!"

He looked at her gaping, trying to find the answer to her question. *because your brother is a dick so I never tried to speak to you?* *you've never seen my house because I knew what would happen if I spoke to you. I'd start to* he shook off the thought.

"Maybe because you never asked to see it, genius." He smirked and she rolled her eyes laughing at him.

He liked her laugh. But he definitely shouldn't. Carlos would kill him for thinking that.

"Well, I should probably head to sleep, let me know if you need anything. Goodnight Jezalyn-" she reached for his wrist as he began to walk away. "Hey, Ben?" The girl started.

He froze and felt his cheeks warm up while his jaw tightened. "Yeah, Jezalyn?"

"You can just call me Jez. If it's easier. And thank you again, for letting me stay" she smiled at him kindly and blushed slightly before turning to change in the restroom as he exited.

Ben laid in his bed with a million thoughts racing through his brain. Not only was the most beautiful girl in school in his house right now, they may have actually bonded? But no, Ben hated the Gomez family. Unless... he just hated that they could call themselves a family.

But Ben had just learned that their family was just as broken and lonely as his own. He felt peace and began to drift off to sleep.

Another thought entered his mind.

You can call me Jez.

He thought of the way her lips curved up to form her effortless smile. How her dress tonight hugged her curves and how her necklace had the word "home" carved into it. He thought about how pretty she looked in her dress and only imagined how cute she probably looked in his clothes.

He began to drift off again, letting out a soft cry of her name before falling asleep.

Jez.

After a hormone fueled night, Ben awoke with a string of drool stuck to his lips. He decided to get out of bed early, and try to surprise his guest with a good breakfast, especially since it was the first day of school. He was heading to the kitchen when he discovered a note on the table that had his name scrawled out in cursive.

Ben, thank you again for letting me stay here. I had to go home to get ready for school, but i'm sure I'll see you there. Thank you again, xoxo Jez