1 ~ lonesome

After a few months of absolute hell, Ben and Jez were finally happy. It'd been about a month since the two had gotten together, and the honeymoon phase was real. Makeout sessions, late night pool meetups, and a lot of nice quality time together.

The only factors that were presently interfering with the two spending every moment together were studying, songwriting, and... Carlos.

Jezalyn's big brother had been supportive of the two becoming a couple, but that didn't mean he didn't still practically shoot darts at Ben everytime the two were so much as holding hands in the Gomez mansion.

But after a month of dating, there was only one thing on Jezalyn's mind: sex.

And of course it's on her mind, she's human! And sex is natural to think about, whether you enjoy it or if it's not for you (love u aroace community !!).

But for Jez, sex was a more complex concept to think about.

She had slept with a few people (and tested for STI's immediately after - clean), but not with someone who actually cared about her. With Ben, things were different.

When she asked to slow down, he actually listened.

"J, I promise you we don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with. It's fine, I promise." Ben told her one night after they had gone to second base for the first time.

She wanted to believe him, too. But there was something inside of her that said it wasn't true. Maybe it was her stupid ex creeping into her mind again? Either way, Jezalyn needed someone, anyone to talk to about this stuff.

A therapist? Nahhh, not yet. But maybe it was time to open up her social circle to find some more friends? Boyfriends are great, but platonic friendships are important too.

It was a new day at Sherman Oaks and Jez was on a mission. She insisted on driving herself to school today since she was going to stop by the music store after school and Ben had debate practice. She got her license a little after her and Ben got together, and her parents celebrated by buying her a car right before they left town again, how kind.

Anyways,
Jezalyn Gomez had gone from being a ghost who followed her brother around to the girl who's only friend was her boyfriend. Hell no! This year was going to be hers.

Jezalyn threw on her most confident face while strutting in her platform shoes, a white tank top and her favorite ripped mom jeans.

Now, friends. I could try talking Devi more, but she seems to be sucked into Paxton world at the moment, and I do not want to be around all of that again.

Jezalyn had been at the party when Paxton broke his arm. He had been dating Devi beforehand, but when she got possessive over him in front of Zoe, they had had a big argument. He stormed out and was unfortunately hit by a car, wrecking his chances at a swim scholarship.

Jez had heard that Devi was tutoring Paxton through her brother, Carlos, and though he claimed it was platonic, the way Devi had her eyes on that boy was anything but.

She continued scanning the halls as she grabbed notebooks from her locker when her eyes met a new face. The girl had short black hair and the coolest look and vibe.

Jezalyn took a second to look in the tiny mirror in her locker to hype herself up.

Alright Jez. She's new, she doesn't know you're a weirdo with no friends. You can do this, just focus and it'll all be oka-

BELL RINGS

Yeah, sounds about right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HI! Okay sorry it took so long to update, I've been working a lot and also Covid hit me like a bitch!! I obviously binged s3 in a day and WOW I love Benvi so much! I'm heavily going to be incorporating Aneesa into the story and giving her more of a spotlight because I adore her and think she deserved more both seasons! I'm also going to start the Aneesa/Fabiola seeds in this part, but I'm very excited! Thank you to everyone who's been reading this book, I promise your comments literally mean the world to me :') love u all!! I'll try to update again this week once or twice!!

Ps I took the lyrics and video parts out of this part just so I could focus on writing! I may go back and find lyrics and songs to go with each chapter after I've finished the part!!