17: 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝

Four out of the five Pogues found themselves making their way to the outdoor cinema the Outer Banks had many times. Kiara had gotten the Maybank siblings and Pope to join her, while John B was nowhere to be seen. Y/n was nervous. Was her boyfriend okay? Was he hurt?

His house was empty, no living person standing inside. The power was still down, which meant they had no way to contact him. John B had reassured his girlfriend that he'd be fine, just needed to be alone after unsuccessfully finding the gold, but successfully finding the Royal Merchant. As they walked to their spot, Kiara hadn't even noticed the three were all tense, especially the boys as they kept a watch for any Kooks.

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this. Keep calm. Carry on. Back to OBX life. You know? Aren't you guys glad I made you come?" Kie asks.

"Ecstatic." Pope replies with sarcasm.

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest." JJ adds.

"I'm glad, Kie." Y/n reassures with a smile, getting a bigger one back from the Carrera girl.

"We're out of the green zone, man." Pope whispers to the blonde.

"Dude, tranquilo, okay?" JJ reminds, being just as quiet.

"We're in the middle of Kooklandia. This is the last place I wanted to be." Pope states.

"Shut up, Pope." JJ hisses.

"Hey, Y/n/n. Wanna come with?" Kie questions, motioning to the food stand a couple feet away.

Getting a nod in response, both girls walk towards the food stand, making sure to watch out for the people they walked past. JJ watched his sister's retreating figure, not wanting any Kooks to encounter her. As they make it to the food stand, Kie begins to bring her money out while asking for some Pepsi's, which the cold cans were handed down to Y/n.

"Hey, Kie, Y/n." A voice suddenly calls out.

The two said girls glance over at the sound, Kie proceeding to roll her eyes while Y/n tenses up a little more as they see Sarah Cameron's older brother, Rafe Cameron, walking over to them, gaze stuck on the girls.

"Hey, what's up? How are you guys?" Rafe asks.

"We're fine." Kie replies bluntly.

Rafe nods. "Good, good. Um... Tell your boy that we know what he did."

"Sorry, what boy are you talking about?" Kie questions.

"He'll know." Rafe replies.

"Come on, Y/n/n. Let's go." Kie urges.

"Actually, Y/n, can I talk to you? Alone?" Rafe quickly questions.

Y/n looks to Kie, who looks very, very hesitant to leave her friend alone with a Kook, especially Rafe Cameron, having no idea what he could do, even in a public space.

"It's alright, Kie." Y/n assures, gently handing the Pepsi cans to her. "Go back to the boys. I'll be there in a minute."

Reluctantly, Kie slowly begins walking back to where Pope and JJ were seated as Y/n turns back to Rafe, seeing a little smirk on his smug face.

"What do you want?" Y/n asks.

"You must've been apart of it, too. Right? I mean, everyone knows how close you and your stupid brother are. You two are most known to cause mayhem somewhere in the Outer Banks." Rafe tells her.

Y/n shrugs, crossing her arms. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, I think you do." Rafe objects.