22: 𝚂𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚑

Later that day, Y/n found herself walking side by side with Sarah, the blonde having her bike beside her as she walked it. Both girls were in a slightly secluded area where no other Kook could see them. John B had brought his girlfriend back to his new home, where Sarah almost immediately took her away from the boy, ignoring his whines as she wanted to spend time with her new friend.

"So you found the gold?" Sarah asks, receiving a nod. "But under an axe murderer's house?"

"Well, yeah, uh... kind of." Y/n replies, stammering.

Sarah smiles. "That's perfect."

"Yes. I mean, the only thing is the well is, like, super sketchy deep." Y/n recalls.

"Kinda wish I was there with you guys." Sarah admits.

"Well, you'll be there for real tonight." Y/n informs.

"Is it okay?" Sarah questions.

Y/n nods. "Yeah, of course."

"With the others?" Sarah asks, raising a brow.

"Yes, everything's fine." Y/n replies, only to get a look. "What?"

"Kiara said something, didn't she?" Sarah concludes.

"No." Y/n lies.

"You're the worst liar I've ever met." Sarah observes.

"I'm not lying." Y/n states.

"Look, Y/n, is she's gonna get territorial--" Sarah begins.

"Hey, hey, hey, just listen. Alright?" Y/n interrupts. "You're a part of this too. John B agrees, also. You got us the Tannyhill map. Once we get with everybody, they're gonna be excited. I promise."

***

The two girls, including John B, found themselves back at the Chateau with the other three. Almost instantly, Kiara was already questioning why the Kook was here. JJ and Pope sat side by side as they listened to Kie. Meanwhile, Y/n sat in-between Sarah and John B, the boy's arm wrapped around the Maybank girl's shoulders.

"No effing way! You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?" Kie asks in anger.

Instead of responding, John B and Y/n glance at each other before looking at Pope and JJ, only for Pope to shrug in response, not knowing what to say or do.

"Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share." JJ informs.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote." Kie states. "This is our thing. A Pogue thing."

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this." Pope awkwardly announces.

"When are you not uncomfortable?" Y/n fires back.

"I don't know. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably." Pope argues.

JJ nods a little. "It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him."

"That's cute, guys." John B comments.

"You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her." Kie informs.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah demands.

"Then leave." Kie tells her bluntly.

Sarah scoffs, glancing at Y/n. "I told you."

"Told her what, exactly? That you're a liar?" Kie asks.

"No, that you're a shit-talking bitch." Sarah snaps out of anger.

JJ and Pope begin placing bets on which of the girls would win while Kie and Sarah continue arguing back and forth. As that happens, both John B and Y/n feel stress coming to them, especially John B. They just wanted Sarah and Kie to get along.

"Everybody shut up!" John B suddenly shouts, quieting everyone down. "Kie, you are mine and Y/n's best friend, right? And Sarah, you're also our friend."

"She's your guys friend now? What was all that talk about you were just using her for information? Get a map, cut her loose." Kie recalls in annoyance.

Slowly, Sarah looks to the couple, gaze landing right on Y/n, who she had felt became her closest friend in a long while, considering both girls got along well. She felt tears come to her eyes once she heard the girl's words.

"You said you were using me?" Sarah questions.

"No." Y/n lies.

"Yeah, you did." The three correct.

"Well, actually, John B did." JJ informs, only to receive a look from Y/n, making him cower a little. "I'll just keep quiet."

"Look, cut the bullshit, guys. If she's in, I'm out." Kie informs.

"Kie, we're not doing this." Y/n refuses. "We can't!"

"You are gonna decide. I'm very interested, actually. Me or her?" Kie pushes.

"Both." Y/n replies, John B nodding in agreement.

JJ whistles. "Went for the Hail Mary."

Kie stares at the two in disbelief before stomping her way out of the Chateau as she clearly didn't like the answer she was given for her question.

"It'll be cool, right? I'm gonna leave." Sarah announces, standing up.

"Sarah, don't." Y/n tries.

"Gonna let y'all chat. Let me know." Sarah tells her before walking out.

"I'd just like to say, you guys handled that beautifully." JJ comments.

***

After the little fight between them, JJ, John and Y/n found themselves in the kitchen on the Chateau as they waited for Pope to get back from talking to Kiara, who eventually walked into the kitchen, seeing the three standing there.

"What'd she say?" John B questions.

"That you two are idiots." Pope replies.

"It's a no-brainer. You guys are picking Kie." JJ states.

"Look, we can't make a decision." John B informs.

"We can't do this without Kie, and you two know it." JJ reminds.

"And we can't do it without Sarah." Y/n replies. "Okay? They both have to be in on it."

"Well, good luck with that." Pope says.

"You know what? I know this was my fault, alright?" John B begins. "But it's our problem. I've got a plan. And you three are gonna help me out."