4: 𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚠

The sun was now shining in Nassau, the crickets chirping in the tall grass as three people could be seen in a small house. Hours had passed since Y/n had woken up on the roof of the hotel, alone, no John B in sight. And then later, she was taken by Captain Terrance, she remembered, and another man who she learned they called him Stubbs a bit later on.

The Maybank girl could be seen, pacing back and forth a bit, her hands shaking as she thought of where her boyfriend could be. There was no doubt that he had gone back to the hotel, expecting to see his girlfriend still sleeping in the chairs they were in. However, she wasn't where he expected her to be. Terrance had told her that someone had gone out to get the Routledge boy to inform him that Y/n wasn't where he thought she'd be.

Y/n couldn't help but feel a bit mad that her boyfriend didn't include her on his small adventure to the Cameron vacation house, but most of that was washed away with the worry and fear if he had been caught by, most likely, the guards that were probably watching the house, considering it was the house of one of the richest families in the Outer Banks.

Just then, the sound of footsteps filled her ears, making her stop as her back was turned to the sound. Terrance, who was sitting in a chair in the corner of the room, watched as John B was slowly walking inside the room, backpack strap over his shoulder as he glanced around in hopes of seeing his girlfriend, soon spotting her. Right behind him, was a girl named Cleo, a blank expression on her face.

"Boss, he's here." Cleo announces with her accent, glancing in Y/n's direction. "Hey, found your boyfriend."

The e/c eyed girl turns around, seeing that he was standing there, staring at her. The two was quickly walking towards each other. However, Stubbs had gotten his hand around John B's neck and jaw, pushing him away from Y/n and slightly pinning him to the table right behind the brunette. Y/n stepped forward, hand clenched into a fist but stopped when Cleo placed her hand on the girl's shoulder, pushing her back lightly a bit.

"I wouldn't provoke him. It tends not to go so well." Terrance states, reminding them of what he and his crew thought the boy had done back in OBX. "You can run, but you can't hide, John B. I got eyes and ears everywhere."

As he finished what he was saying, Stubbs released his hand from the brunette's neck and jaw, coughs and gasps being heard as it came out of John B. With a fake and sarcastic smile, Stubbs pats the boy's cheek before he was shoving him on the sofa just right beside Terrance who sat on the arm of the furniture.

"Took you long enough." Terrance tells Cleo.

"Next time, get him yourself." Cleo fires back, twisting a knife around in her hand.

"After all our hospitality, you left without saying goodbye." Terrance comments, looking back to the teenage boy who was rubbing his neck.

"Let us go." Y/n demands in a snappy tone, stepping forward.

Terrance raises a brow. "I got fifty-thousand reasons why that ain't gonna happen."

"He didn't do anything." Y/n insists.

"Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't." Terrance replies with a shrug. "I don't care. We let the courts decide. Bring him to the proper authorities."

The couple's eyes widen as Stubbs roughly grabs ahold of John B's backpack that was still on his back, pulling him up roughly and practically throwing him to his feet. The brunette stumbles back as Stubbs stops in front of him, stammering out protests.

"I can pay you." John B blurts out.

"You got 50K in your back pocket?" Terrance asks. "If not, bye-bye."

With his eyes on Y/n, John B slowly takes off his backpack just as Stubbs snatches it out of his grip. Just as he opens a pocket, Y/n was grasping it rather roughly, making Terrance stand up, the gun he had been holding still in his hand. Everyone in the room could see the annoyance and frustration on her face. She didn't seem effected or scared by the gun laying in Terrance's hand, slightly pointed at her as he watched her unzip another pocket in the backpack. And she wasn't scared.

She was annoyed. The past back at Outer Banks had caught up to them and now they were running again, and these people weren't letting them go. Of course, she knew they would never stop running until this was all over, but they just arrived in Nassau yesterday and their first time here, they were running. They at least deserved a few days to hide away. Stubbs, Terrance and Cleo all watched as she slowly brought out the gold they had, holding it up to show the shiny object.

"What is that?" Terrance questions, clearly in shock.

"What's it look like, dumbass?" Y/n snaps.

Terrance holds out his hand. "Give it to me."

At first hesitant, the girl slowly lowers her hand and places the gold in the older man's hand when Stubbs said the same demand. John B had slowly stopped a bit beside her as they watched the captain slightly bite the gold, wanting to see if it was real. And when he didn't see a dent, he got his confirmation.

"One hundred and forty-three thousand reasons to let us go. More than the bounty." Y/n tells him as he hands it to Cleo.

"I'll tell you what. That is your rescue fee." Terrance assures. "But I want my bounty too."

Next thing they knew, Stubbs was grabbing John B from behind, pulling him away as the couple protest. Y/n ran forward, roughly trying to push the older man who was holding her boyfriend, but Cleo grabbed ahold of her arm, pulling her back. Y/n was surprised that her grip wasn't as hard as she thought it'd be.

"Hey! There's more!" John B exclaims, making them all freeze. "Look, I went to Paradise Island, to our friend's family's house. There is hundreds of millions of dollars worth of that gold there. It is an empty, undefended house. Our friend has the entry codes."

"Girlie, is this true?" Terrance asks, looking to Y/n, clearly showing he wasn't sure if he believed the boy.

Y/n nods. "It's our friend's family's house. The gold's there. And if I had someway to contact her, we can get you to it."