12: 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗

The chirping of seagulls could be heard all around in Charleston, the sun slowly moving higher and higher up into the sky as the civilians on the island were waking up each time that passed in the early morning.

The occasional wind blew by, the ocean waves crashing along the rocks and the sandy beaches where some people could be seen walking through, lifeguards beginning their day of watching the swimmers to make sure that they wouldn't be swimming too far out in the ocean where they would have to rush into the water and help the citizens who planned on visiting the beach for the day.

Holding an anchor in his hands, John B walks on the beach and a bit away from the boat that they had been driving in as he drops the anchor, using his hands and feet to push it a bit further into the wet sand so the boat wouldn't be going anywhere.

Catching sight of a dolphin swimming in the waves, the boy rushes back to the boat as Y/n moves closer to the edge, feeling his hands on her waist as he helps her down onto the sand. Once her feet touched the ground, Y/n found herself looking around the island while John B grabbed the empty tanks they'd need to fill gas in as they began walking forward.

"We're gonna get some gas, find a phone, and get out of here, alright?" John B tells her.

Y/n nods, looking around. "How are we gonna pay for the gas?"

"Don't worry about it. We'll figure it out." John B assures.

The Maybank girl doesn't say anything else as they continue walking forward, eventually getting off the beach they had parked the boat in. When they were walking by a man eating a sandwich, closing in towards a restaurant, the couples eyes stopped on the sandwich he had been eating, feeling and hearing their stomachs growling in hunger.

Y/n felt herself stop as she continued to stare at the food, tempted to just take it from the man and devour it. Noticing she wasn't following, John B quickly and gently pushed her forward, almost as if he knew what she was tempted to do and knew that she would do exactly that if someone didn't stop her.

As they walked up some stairs, they had quickly formed a plan when they saw more people sitting at tables and a waiter was standing at the end of the table. Using a bit of his body and one of the empty tanks he was holding, John B had the waiter stumbling forward that caused the drinks he was holding to spill all over the man that had been sitting at the table and the woman sitting across from him.

Both teenagers quickly put shocked expressions on their faces as the man stood up to face John B with a look of anger as Y/n was apologizing to the woman. She kept doing that as she was slowly backing up towards her boyfriend. The woman, nor the man, didn't seem to notice as her hands grabbed ahold of the cash the man had placed down on the table to pay, sneakily stuffing them into her pocket as she now stood behind the Routledge boy.

Even though he didn't need to say anything since everyone could see it on his face, the man had done no hesitation as he announced he wasn't all that surprised when John B told him he wouldn't be able to pay for his jacket since he was broke. Insulting him, the man's disgusted eyes were looking between both of the couple as they began to walk off.

"Did you get it?" John B asks when they were far enough.

Y/n smiles, bringing out the dollar bills she had stolen. "I'll sugar mama you."

The brunette only chuckles in relief, leaning over and pressing a quick peck to her lips before they continued on walking forward. Only a couple of minutes or so passed when they reached a gas station, to which John B placed the tanks down in front of the machine that would give them gas for the boat as they both looked around.

They could feel their stomachs growling even more after knowing that the food was so close, smelling the hot dogs inside of the gas station. They didn't even care if the hot dogs would be bad or not, they were starving and needed any type of food.