5: 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚒𝚗

The night sky was up in Nassau as a truck could be seen driving along the road and towards the Cameron vacation house. Most lights through the windows of the buildings around shined through the curtains, showing that some people were still awake. Hours had gone by since the couple reunited and they found themselves in the front of the vehicle, John B driving while Y/n sat in the passenger's seat, staring out the window at the fancy mansions they were passing along the way.

In the bed of the truck, Terrance, Cleo and Stubbs had a large sheet covering the lower part of their bodies as they waited to get to their destination. Earlier in the day, Y/n had been able to contact Sarah Cameron, informing her about their plan and she helped. The three in the back were quick to hide themselves under the large sheet when John B announced that they were at the mansion. As they turned a corner, Y/n lets out a sigh, glancing to her boyfriend.

"You left without saying anything. You lied." Y/n reminds.

John B nods awkwardly. "I am very aware of that, and I am very sorry. And I shouldn't have gone."

"No, I don't care if you went. I care that you didn't tell me. I thought we do everything together." Y/n admits, crossing her arms.

"We do." John B replies, reaching with one hand to grab her hand. "I'm sorry. I should've taken you with me."

"Is the gold even there?" Y/n questions.

"Uh... I think so." John B stammers out.

Y/n raises a brow. "You think?"

The brunette doesn't respond as he stops by the booth where the security guard was. The man held a phone to his ear as he spoke to someone about a dog, while the couple sat their awkwardly. When the security guard turned to them, lowering the phone so he could listen, John B lied about needing to pick up a leaf blower, which surprisingly, the security guard let them go through, even when the teenager's lie didn't sound very believable.

John B drove slow and steady as he drove through the gate that opened up by the guard, driving around until he was parking right out front of the house, a waterfall being seen in the middle. Everyone was hopping out of the truck while Y/n ventured towards a bush near the front door, remember Sarah had told her about a seashell she had hid in the grass awhile back, a key hidden inside.

Soon finding the said seashell and shaking it, hearing the clink of the keys inside, she holds out her palm, shaking it until the key fell into her hand. Clutching the metal in her hand, the Maybank girl ventures towards the door, using the key to unlock it, twisting the handle as the door opens before she's turning to the others, showing them that they had a way inside the Cameron vacation house.

"Get in. We don't have all night." Terrance states. "Go."

Watching as she looked over at all of them, John B watches as his girlfriend motions for them to follow before she was heading inside. Turning a few corners, the safe full of the gold inside could be seen just ahead.

The brunette stops beside the safe while Y/n crouches in front of it, the others standing around as the e/c eyed girl took a deep breath, trying to remember what Sarah had said about the code. Looking down at her wrist that had pen-ink on it, she looked at the numbers before typing them into the machine, going to open it. However, a beep was heard as it stayed closed shut.

Terrance shakes his head. "I knew I should've never listened to you."

"Sarah said her dad usually uses his birthday." Y/n recalls, trying again. "Maybe I entered it wrong."

The sound of Terrance's voice ushering her to hurry up only frustrated the girl even more as she tried it a different way. Looking down at the other numbers on her wrist that Sarah gave her for a possible code, as the blonde didn't know the code either, could only really guess from what she knew her dad used, Y/n tried the numbers that were Sarah's step mother, Rose Cameron's birthday but, once again, it didn't work.