26: 𝚊𝚛𝚐𝚞𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

Right after the incident with Barry out on the road, the five teenagers were now all sitting in the campervan together as JJ had decided to drive instead of John B. After many minutes, they found themselves outside of Barry's rather messy and stinky trailer home. Even with the doors and windows closed shut, they could still smell the stench of weed. JJ opens up the door of the vehicle, slamming it shut as he makes his way to the trailer.

"Where you going?" John B asks.

"Yo soy justicia." JJ replies not so seriously, walking inside.

The others all share small glances with each other before the Routledge boy let's out a sigh, hopping out and following after his best friend. As the four teenagers waited for their two friends, they found themselves standing outside of the campervan, anxiously waiting for the two boys. Eventually, JJ comes out with a duffel bag in his grip as John B trails behind him.

"Alright, so we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit." JJ tells them as he reveals the wad of cash in his hands.

"So that's what we're doing now? We're robbing drug dealers?" Kie questions.

"This Barry guy's gonna find out. And he's gonna come after us." Sarah states.

"Yes, he will." Pope agrees. "This is not the time to start wilding out."

"How'd you guys like having a gun pulled on you?" JJ fires back.

"Relax." John B demands.

"He had it right here on you, bro." JJ continues, pointing to the brunette's forehead.

"Look. We've gotta go get the gold, okay? Just give me that shit. We're putting it back." John B tells him.

The boy reaches down, taking the duffel bag full of money from the blonde, wanting nothing more than to return it to Barry as they already have so much stuff to worry about at the moment. However, JJ didn't like this as he roughly shoves John B against the side of the campervan. Y/n flinches at her brother's actions, wanting to cut in and stop her brother and boyfriend from arguing, but Pope held her hand so she wouldn't get hurt.

She didn't know what to do. One, there was her older brother. And then, there was her boyfriend. And both were very protective of her.

"Do you feel like a tough guy? Huh? What are you gonna do when he comes for us?" John B asks.

"We punch him in the throat." JJ replies with confidence in his tone.

"Yeah, good fucking idea, JJ." John B comments with sarcasm.

"I'm not putting it back." JJ tells the Routledge boy.

Leaning down, the blonde grabs the duffel bag back from the brunette before he heads back inside the campervan, seating himself down. After a few seconds, when he realized his friends didn't follow, the boy calls out to them, but they still just stood there, doing nothing. The Maybank boy looks up, blue eyes immediately land on his little sister, who clearly had been avoiding eye contact with him the whole time. His face softened a little before he hopped out, standing in front of his friends and sister.

"What?" JJ questions.

"We're sick of your shit." John B informs.

"Oh, my shit?" JJ asks.

"Yeah. Yeah. Your shit." John B repeats.

"Your pulling guns on people shit." Kie agrees.

"You acting like a freaking maniac--" Pope adds.

"Okay, Pope, I took the fall for you, man!" JJ yells out, sounding more and more frustrated. "Do you know how much money I owe because of you?"

"I'm gonna pay you back, and I didn't ask you to do that!" Pope reminds.

"I just did! Pay it back. Right here, right now, by myself." JJ lists. "You know what? That's exactly what I'm gonna do. Go off by myself."

And with that, the Maybank boy zips up his backpack, then placing it on his shoulder as he starts to walk off. However, he stops and turns to his little sister, who had still been looking at her feet. The boy places a soft kiss on her forehead, making her look up when he pulled away, watching him walk off.

Y/n stares at her brother's retreating figure with sad eyes, going to take a step forward but John B stops his girlfriend by grabbing her hand. For a moment, he stares at her as she stares at her brother's figure before they all head back inside the campervan, leaving Barry's place behind.

***

Once they left Barry's place, the now five teenagers at the moment sat themselves in the Wreck, silence sitting in the air. Y/n continuously played with her hands, worried for her older brother. She continued looking down, she hadn't even noticed her boyfriend was staring at her with worry.

"Look, he'll come around, alright? It's... He's doing a JJ thing." John B tries to assure them.

"You think he'll go home?" Kie questions.

"There's about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home." Y/n whispers in reply, remembering what they're home is like.

"You okay?" John B quietly asks his girlfriend, resting his hand on hers.

Y/n nods a little, glancing up at him. "I guess, yeah. Are you?"

"I mean, I'm in one piece, so..." John B replies, smiling softly at her.

Pope sighs. "Okay. It's too dangerous to pawn this thing off piecemeal. So our best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it. Bring it all up at once. Put it in a safe or a vault or something. I-- I don't know. Just until we can find someone who won't rip us off. I can go figure it out tonight, I can get it all done, and we can be out there as early as tomorrow morning."

"Alright, let's do it." John B agrees.

"What about that thing with my dad?" Sarah reminds, her and Y/n sharing a look as they look to John B.

"Shit." John B whispers.

"What thing?" Pope questions.

"I have to go fishing with Ward." John B informs.

"You can't get five hundred mil cause you're gonna go kill fish?" Kie asks.

"Look, I have to go." John B tells them.

"Blow it off. It's five hundred million in gold!" Pope reminds.

"Make something up!" Kie adds.

"Look, I have to, okay?" John B repeats his previous words. "He... he saved me, alright? And if it weren't for Ward, I'd be in foster care. So... I have to go. Plus, it'll be better to do it at night. Right?"

For a couple seconds, the air is full of silence as John B, Y/n and Sarah all wait for Pope and Kiara's answers. The two glance at one another, wishing the Routledge boy didn't have to so this could at least be a little easier.

"Fine. Fine, go fishing." Pope replies, giving in.

"And at least JJ will probably have washed up by then." Kie adds, looking to the Maybank girl, knowing she was worried sick about her brother.