32: 𝚃𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚛

About half an hour or so pass by as the young couple still found themselves stuck in the laundry room in Kelce's place. Y/n sat on the floor, her head resting against the washing machine while John B paced back and forth. They needed to get out of there before Kelce would call the cops on the Routledge boy.

The night sky was still up, the occasional sound of sirens being heard as they drove past the rather big house, the teenager they were looking for right inside the house they would drive by every few minutes. Both teenagers were worried of what Kelce was currently doing, hoping he wasn't calling the cops on John B.

"Knock, knock!" Kelce's muffled voices announces from the other side.

John B immediately shoots up. "Hey! Hey, Kelce. Please just let us out."

"I don't think so, bitch. Word on the street is that you got a bounty on your head, bro. 25K cash money, dead or alive." Kelce recalls. "Isn't that right, John B?"

"No. It's not what it seems." John B protests.

Y/n stands up, banging on the door. "Come on, Kelce! Just let us out!"

"Yeah, Kelce isn't here. It's Topper." Topper's voice reveals.

Their eyes widen as the two exchange a glance, both not knowing or expecting Topper to be there. Rather harshly, Y/n places her head against the wall with a bang as John B rubs his girlfriend's arm up and down, looking to the door.

"Hey, Top. It's John B. Look--" John B begins.

"You're gonna try to talk your way out of this? Just cut the bullshit, alright?" Topper interrupts. "Like, the chickens are roosting, brother. Like, it is over. You're in some deep shit now, man."

John B sighs. "Just listen to me! I didn't kill the sheriff. It was Rafe! Alright? Y/n and Sarah were there. They both saw the whole thing."

"Oh, it was Rafe. Okay. My bad." Topper says sarcastically.

"I get it, man. You don't believe me, and honestly, I probably wouldn't believe myself either, but... I get it, alright? Both me and Y/n do. You hate us because of Sarah." John B states.

You guys knew our relationship was perfectly fine the way it was before you guys butted in, right?" Topper asks.

Y/n scoffs loudly. "Was it, Topper? Was it really? Because from what I remember Sarah telling me, she was planning on ending it for a while. Said she didn't think it was right. She said she wanted some space to herself because you're such a clingy motherfucker!"

"You're lying." Topper replies.

Little did he know, she was telling the truth. Y/n recalls Sarah telling her she had ended it with Topper because she felt like it wasn't meant to be, that she wanted time to herself. Hopefully, she would have a relationship like hers and John B's in the future. Maybe the Maybank girl got a little carried away by the ending, as Sarah didn't actually say that, Y/n just hated Topper that much.

"Am I? I mean, you don't know if I'm lying or not, Top." Y/n reminds, raising a brow as she rests an arm on the door. "If I'm being honest Topper, I don't even get what Sarah saw in you in the first place. I mean, you're a stuck up rich kid, you sound so obsessed with anything, and you get jealous so easily, man. Your guys relationship wasn't gonna last."

"Fuck you, Maybank! Our relationship was perfect, until you convinced her to end it, you bitch!" Topper shouts before she hears him take a deep breath. "It doesn't matter right now, anyway. The cops are on their way. You're screwed, John B."

Rolling her eyes at his previous shouts, Y/n seats herself against the door, her back against it. John B places himself next to her, taking her hand in his as they all sat there for a few minutes. Eventually, the sound of sirens could be heard from outside the house, making the couple stand up, panic lacing through them.