Epilogue 1/2 Zarry Puppy

*Harry’s POV*

I let out a light chuckle as I watched Zayn run ahead of me. I had just taken the car keys out of the ignition and he was already halfway down the airport parking lot. Today our beagle puppy would be arriving from the states. The puppy was originally supposed to be taken on a sort of pet transportation truck to go to our local pet shop where we’d pick him up, but Zayn was way too excited and refused not being able to pick him up as soon as he got off the plane.

He was so adorable this past week, jumping around for the little beagle; I’m glad I had suggested getting a puppy. It was going to be a bit more work than a house cat, but it would be worth it to see Zayn this happy all the time. Also, it would be good to see how well we can take care of the pup and what we’re capable of.

“Harry hurry up!” Zayn called out from the airport entrance doors. I couldn’t help but grin and pick up my pace so Zayn wouldn’t see the puppy without me. The parking lot surprisingly wasn’t that crowded at all, maybe it just wasn’t the most popular time to take the plane.

I laughed when saw Zayn impatiently waiting at the doors, “Ready to go meet Zarry?” He smiled and grabbed my hand to go walk forward.

Overall, we decided to name the puppy Zarry. It was a mix of Zayn and Harry and it just stuck. We had a few other names, but everyone just took to calling him the Zarry puppy. I thought it was cute and Zayn didn’t mind what we named the puppy as long as it wasn’t stupid and the we got the puppy.

“Harry! The plane landed fifteen minutes ago! We should have left earlier, what happens if someone else took him? Or he fell of the baggage carousel? He could be hurt!” Zayn began to babble as I cut him off with a kiss.

“Don’t worry okay? Look, baggage claim is over here, so let’s go and see if they unloaded Zarry’s plane’s luggage.”

Different sized and colored bags were passing along the conveyor belts, but I was trying to spot a medium sized crate. The rescue owner said the crate would have a blue tarp with the pet rescue symbol on it.

The anticipation was making me fidget a bit as I watched the various bags pass by, waiting for the blue tarp to come into sight. It felt like hours were going by as I watched the conveyor belts go round and round, but it had probably only been a few minutes at the most.

I quickly turned over as a small squeal of excitement  came from Zayn. Before I even could register what was happening Zayn had rushed over and pulled the blue tarped crate off the luggage carousel, his face showing a megawatt smile. He placed it on the ground and waved me over.

“Zayn we can’t let the puppy out here in the airport, I don’t think we’re allowed too,” I cautioned as I scampered over to his side.

He sighed and kneeled down in front of the cage, lifting the tarp up a bit to reveal a small beagle puppy sleeping. Now seeing the puppy in real life, he looked smaller than shown in the photos. His pink belly was covered in soft wisps of baby white hairs, his small paws were under his head, and his ears were flopped over his face, but his little black nose peeked out.

I couldn’t help, but awe at the sight and Zayn turned to smile up at me.

“Come on! Let’s get him home!”

  ****

“Faster Harry, faster!” Zayn yelped as we ran around the house with the squeaky bone. We started playing this game of chase with the puppy, who surprisingly had a lot of energy for a twelve hour flight.

I skidded down the hall as I heard the clacking of Zarry’s paws on the wooden floor. He was fast for his size and didn’t even seem to be worn out from the hours of playing.

Zayn giggled as I pushed him into the living room and jumped onto the couch pulling the blanket over me to try and conceal myself. Zayn attempted to hide behind the armchair, but kept laughing.

Little Zarry pranced into the room and immediately hopped up onto the couch and began tugging at the knit blanket. I tried wrapping it around myself tighter, but it only made Zarry whimper. I chuckled and pushed the blanket to the ground. He looked at me expectantly with his tongue hanging out, panting, and wagging his tail.

I smiled at him and handed him the rubber bone, but he dropped it and took to licking my face instead.

“Oi Zarry!” I whined, “Zayn help!”

Zayn plopped down onto the couch next to me and took Zarry into his lap. Zayn began to pet the puppy’s back.

“Who’s a good boy? Zarry is!” he cooed. He looked down at the puppy with a mix of awe, admiration, and affection. It was moments like these I wish I could take a picture of and live in it forever. The mood was so blissful and everything now seem completed.

Zayn looked over at me and nodded, seeming to have the same thoughts,“This is just perfect, being here with you and Zarry, our own little family.”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way babe,” I leaned over and kissed him.    

A/N: Sorry for taking so long to update. Here is half the epilouge the Zarry puppy half and the Zarry wedding will be uploaded soon. I have it completed I just don't want to confuse people.