Chapter 13 - Your Song

13

*Harry’s POV*

I entered the school building and headed towards the cafeteria. I had called Louis before and he had explained to me that Niall and him had gotten most of the ‘stage’ set up. As I entered through the big doors of the lunchroom I saw the brunette and blond standing at the back smiling like idiots.

“Come on! We have half a class left until lunch begins!” I bellowed out. Our school wasn’t the best on security and monitoring if we were in class. It was probably because we had so many students and most teachers didn’t even bother to check if you were there except for homeroom classes.

Niall and Louis scrambled to pick up cords lying on the ground. I sighed, stress setting in as I realized what I was about to do and how little time I had to prepare. As they picked up the papers I saw Louis’s hand niall something and their eyes met for a second, only a second before a blush covered both of their faces. They both looked away and niall had already turned that tomato red shade around his face. Ah, they are going to be a really cute couple... Harry, you need to be thinking about Zayn and you. Well, if there is going to be a Zayn and you...

I smiled down at the lyric sheets in my hand. This song was special. I knew this song well, hell, who didn’t? If they didn’t know it when Elton John sang it they sure knew it now. A few months ago some teen boy-band sang this on the x-factor and now they’re some world wide pop stars. They were called ‘Niall and the potatoes’ or something... it included Wayne, Kyle, Hughey, Ian, and Barry. I only know this because Gemma is a huge fan of them. Plus, that Barry guy looks oddly similar to me... I mean at least the hair does.

I looked up from the papers and grinned as I heard Niall and Louis laughing. Louis had ruffled his hair up in a weird fashion. He then began to smooth it out and their laughter faded.

“So the people will come in and get food...” Niall whimpered at the thought of missing his lunch for once before continuing, “and then Lou is gonna settle them down if needed and then you get started, right?”

“I got my megaphone!” Louis squealed happily.

“Lou, why do you need a megaphone? Everyone usually shuts up when you start speaking!” I reasoned.

“FOR EFFECT!!” he said waving around the massive megaphone like it was a ribbon he won at the county fair.

Niall burst out laughing as I tried to suppress a chuckle. I needed to be serious about this  and having these two around wasn’t helping. Though, it did ease my nerves a bit to just laugh a little. I ran a hand through my hair and tried to see if there was anything else that needed to be setup before the bells rang.

“Harry maybe I can multitask! If Louis stands here and feeds me a burger while I sit here and you sta-”

“Niall, it’s not going to work. I promise Louis will take you out to a buffet at Nando’s afterwards.”

He cheered at the thought and Louis smiled at his childishness. I pulled a chair from a nearby table and situated it in the middle of our little ‘stage’ area. I took a couple steps back to see if it looked good and groaned. I was a perfectionist and it didn’t ease up when I was nervous and pressed for time.

The chimes of the bell made my heart beat quicken. I could just end this all now and save it for another day. Or save it for the end of the year or something.

“It’s show time lads!” Niall exclaimed, energetic about all of this while I was exactly the opposite.

My blood began to run cold as I saw kids entering the room. Their curious murmurs as to our setup echoed around the room. Some people began filing towards the back and I began to fumble with my hands as their gazes landed on me. I was used to being the center of attention, but usually everyone was expecting me to talk about the girls I slept with or make a witty comment. Not anything like what I was about to say. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Louis.