Epilogue 2/2 Zarry Wedding

*Harry’s POV*

            I woke up to sunshine through the fancy hotel windows and a Zayn on my chest. I was now 6’4 and the 5’11 seemed like holding a little puppy in my lap. Speaking of puppy... where’s Zarry? He’s the ringbearer, i told him to take his responsibilities seriously, he can’t ruin our big day for a little trip to the park.

            “Zarry!” I called, waking Zayn on accident. He stirred so i decided to make our last romantic gesture as fiancees. i snuck over to the edge of the bed where his back was to me and then hugged him from behind. He rolled over so he was on his back so I reminded him that was not a day for sleeping in.

            “Happy wedding day Zany,” I said whispered into his ear before his eyes snapped open and he was on his feet in record time. I stepped back as to not get hit in the face with his flailing arms.

            “Omigawd! What time is it?!” He shrieked. Zayn kind of had a thing for sleeping in and tried his best not to be late for a day like this. But as I have reminded him countless times before, even if he were late, we would be forced to wait for him, I can’t marry myself you know.

            “Oh yeah Zayn, I forgot to mention” I said banteringly facepalming myself, “you missed the wedding, I got hitched to Liam instead since you didn’t wake up.”

His mouth hung open for a second until he realized how that sentence couldn’t even be remotely possible since Dani and Liam were about as in love as me and Zayn. They had recently moved in together... down the street. I love them and all, but now me and Zayn would be doing... stuff and he would come over and knock on our door asking us for random things.

“Get ready!! We have T minus 4 hours to get married. Break!” I grabbed my tux, a kiss, and ran out of the room.

                   ***FOUR AND A HALF HOURS LATER***

            I checked my watch again, the ceremony had started 3 minutes ago, Zayn had to be here in less than 2 minutes! Don’t panic... Don’t panic... He won’t be late... He promised to be on time...

            To answer my thoughts, here comes Mr. Perfect right now. Oh my, he looked so handsome, I wish I could just meet him in the middle and... control Harry, nothing good will come out of you snogging your husband before you say “I Do”. He was so close, I could just reach out my arm and grab him, run away from everyone and just be alone, the two of us, that was all that mattered.

            He smiled at me with those model-like teeth and I swear my knees weakened slightly. “Easy tiger...” he said smirking at how he could still do this to me even though we were well out of our teenage years. He grabbed me by the arm and kissed me on the cheek. Was he allowed to do this? Whatever, He’s so hot right now I don’t care. Then the speaking started, “We are gathered here today to celebrate the joining ny matrimony of two lovers...” Why am I crying already?

                    ***THE EXCHANGING OF THE VOWS (CUE THE AWWS)***

            “The boys - excuse me men,” We may be mid 20s, but we were nowhere near being mature enough to be men. “Have decided to write their own vows, Zayn you may start with yours.” The pastor stepped back and Zayn took out some blue index cards. Oh Zayn, and his sometimes OCD habits. Then, he spoke words that took my breath away - literally I don’t remember breathing through half of it.

            “Harry, I’ve known you for a good part of my life now and I can honestly say this is a day I’ve dreamt about since 6th grade. I don’t think you knew that, and I don’t think I’ve told you this,” that earned a few chuckles; Zayn never really liked talking about his past, for obvious reasons, “but that day I came home smiling for no apparent reason. I don’t remember what you said to me or did, but looking back, it really doesn’t matter. You could blink and I’d feel faint. No one has ever had this big of an impact on me, ever. And back then I thought it was just because you were my best friend, but it was more than that. I looked back that day in 6th grade and realize I had fallen for you. That’s why it broke my heart the day when-” he stopped, his breath catching in his throat and eyes watering at the terrible remembrances of those years in between our friendships.