Chapter 8 - Work and Play

8

*Louis’ POV*

            I pulled Harry into the living room and grabbed the phone. I ordered a pizza from the local pizzeria and he put on a tv show. I felt so relaxed as I ate the pizza now that all this weight is lifted off my shoulders. We placed the pizza boxes in the kitchen and took our slices out to eat in the living room. It was a calm night and we basically were just trying to relieve stress and forget about things for a while.

“Harry, I think I’m going to tell him one day,” I sighed. He gave me a confused look.

“Tell who what?” he asked.

I shook my head and softly replied, “Niall... and ya’ know,” he then realized what I was saying and nodded his head.

“I don’t know...I’m a bit scared to tell Zayn. I’ll probably never get around to it.”

“You should! Even if he hates you and rejects you, it will feel like a load off your chest and you won’t live your life thinking ‘what if?’” I replied thoughtfully. He seemed to pondered what I said and gave a weak nod in agreement.

“Yea, well good night Lou. I presume you're sleeping over?” he smiled as he got up to go to his bedroom. I chuckled and snuggled into the blankets before falling asleep.

*Niall’s’ POV*

            I woke up to the smell of pizza and looked over to see Lou had left the room before me. I pouted a bit, but then the taunting smell of pizza called me again. I scurried out the door and heard Louis and Harry in the living room. I thought it would be funny to scare them so I tiptoed down the stairs and made my way into the kitchen. I crept over to the door leading to the living room and hid up against the wall. Like an Irish boss! Or an Irish spy I guess…

“Harry, I think I’m going to tell him one day,” Louis sighed. I perked up a bit, but then immediately began to blush at the idea of eavesdropping in on my friends talking. I was never one to listen in on others’ chatter. But this is Louis! And he sounds a bit serious which was kind of surprising for him. Well, maybe it could be classified as more of jumping into a conversation to figure out what’s going on...

“Tell who what?” Harry asked. I leaned up closer to the wall afraid to get caught. Louis was the stealthier one compared to me, I usually messed up by stumbling over or laughing.

“Niall... and ya’ know,” Louis softly answered. I froze. Know what? Tell me what? What’s going on? They’re talking about me? Louis. Louis is talking about me? My mind raced at a million questions a minute. The only thing that broke me from my thoughts was when Harry finally said something,

“I don’t know...I’m a bit scared to tell Zayn. I’ll probably never get around to it.”

Zayn? As in Zayn Malik? What does Harry have to tell him? Wasn’t he that art nerd that everyone hated because he... wait, why did we hate him? I never understood that. He seemed like a nice guy, a lot of rumors to him, but none of them proven to be true. He was a bit of a loner.

“You should. Even if he hates you and rejects you, it will feel like a load off your chest and you won’t live your life thinking ‘what if?’”

Rejection? This was getting so confusing. I heard the shuffling of blankets and feet hitting the floor so I quietly and quickly as possible raced out of the kitchen, forgetting about the pizza all together.

I jumped on to the guest bed after noiselessly closing the door. I sunk into the pillows and just wanted to go back to sleep.

What did Louis want to tell me?