Chapter 9 - Best Friends and Betrayal

9

*Zayn’s POV*

            I spent the rest of the evening and well into the night texting Harry. I had more fun than I thought I would have at Harry’s house. I don’t think I have been over anyone from school’s house since middle school.

            From Harry:

I’m just saying! If Tarzan lives in the wild he should have a beard! Did you ever see him shave?

            I laughed, Harry and I had been have been texting about random stuff for hours. We were jumping from topic to topic and I was laughing so hard.

The creaking of my door tore my gaze away from my phone.

            “Hey honey! What are you doing? I was just wondering if you wanted lunch from home or to get something at the school tomorrow?” mum asked sweetly, standing in the doorframe.

“Oh I’m just texting a friend and a home lunch sounds good!” I smiled. She nodded and left. Realization hit me. I had just called Harry my friend. I hate him though. Right? Or at least I thought I hated him. Maybe there was more to him then I just judged. This always was just a big facade of his.

From Zayn:

Maybe he does shave and you just don’t know! Well gtg tired!

I got ready to go to bed; brushed my teeth, got into a t-shirt and boxers, and jumped into bed. I checked my phone quickly and saw I had received a new message.

From Harry:

Okay gn! I had a ton of fun :D

            I grinned at the text and quickly typed a reply.

            From Zayn:

Yea that was a lot of fun! Even though we got none of the project done! Well gn!

            I turned my phone off and placed it on my nightstand. I stared up at the ceiling for a bit reminiscing about my time spent with Harry. One moment stood out the most right before Louis had run in on us. We were both leaning in... like we were going to... kiss? We wouldn’t have kissed would we? We’re both guys though. It’s wrong... oh who am I kidding! We were going to kiss and I actually, sorta kinda maybe possibly wanted too. But it was a really slim feeling!

            With all these thoughts buzzing around in my mind I soon fell asleep.

*Harry’s POV*

            I woke up on Monday morning at seven am. I groaned to the cloak and was soon going through my daily morning routines and soon ended up in the kitchen. Niall was cooking bacon and scrambled eggs. He was having more success than Louis usually does and I was actually excited to be eating something other than leftovers from dinner because of Louis usually burnt morning food.

            I sat down at the island across from Louis who was smiling at Niall’s back. I held back a laugh at how love sick he looked. Louis soon noticed I was in the kitchen and greeted me and Niall soon did too.

            Our food was quickly served and it was actually good.

            “Niall this is amazing!” Louis chimed staring at him with adoration. Niall grinned and tried to be humble by just nodding it off.