Chapter 7 - You are?

7

*Zayn’s POV*

            Once I had gotten all the girls home, I sat down at the island in the kitchen. I was just finishing up my sandwich when my older sister, Doniya, walked in.
            “Is there anything left to make a sandwich?” she asked. I gave her a sheepish smile, we were supposed to go grocery shopping later and I had used all the bread.
            “It’s fine, I’ll just have a bag of crisps,” She chuckled as she went to the draw to grab a bag. She sat down on the other side of the island as me. I got up and grabbed two glasses from the cupboard and poured us some milk.
            “Thanks,” she smiled, “So...how’s school? How are your friends? Classes?” I tensed up a bit and looked down at the table.
            “Good...how’s school going for you?” I tried to seem more relaxed.
            “It’s going good so far. You have any plans with your friends for today?” I shuffled my feet nervously on the ground.
            “Listen Zayn, I know all about school for you,” my eyes widened a bit. I had to say something I couldn’t have her worrying about me. “I saw what those Jo-”
            “I called mum a dickhead!” I quickly screamed. She looked at me puzzled before she burst out laughing.
            “Wh-what does that h-have to do with anything?” she said in between breaths of laughter.
            “Well Harry and I were going to hang out today. We were texting and then I by accidentally texted mum calling her a dickhead. So I’m grounded for the week,” I explained. I didn’t mention it was all for a class project we were partnered up for. It’s not lying...it’s just misleading, I guess.

She gave me a skeptical look. “So you and Harry were going to hang out together?”

“Yea, now I’m grounded though,” I muttered. She searched my face to see if I was lying. She sighed and then gave me a small smile.

“Allright. Well it’s nice to hear you’re hanging out with people. I thought something happened that you haven’t been telling me about,” she finished her milk and took her bags of crisps with her to the living room. I felt a pang in my chest, I didn’t like lying to Doniya.

*Harry’s POV*

            I awoke on the couch and trudged into the kitchen. I soon heard footsteps and saw Louis enter the kitchen beaming from ear to ear.
            “Have a nice Nouis cuddle?” I chuckled.
            “Nouis?” he asked still smiling.
            “Yea, Niall and Louis. Nouis! That’s your ship name! DUH! I’m your biggest shipper!” I joked and then proceeded to pull out my phone and show him the photo I took of them cuddling. He looked down at the picture with adoration written all over his face.
            “Can you send that to me?” he asked still looking at my phone. I quickly tapped away and sent him the photo and sent one to my email to be able to print it out later. He quickly checked his phone and I knew he had received it
            “So Niall feeling okay?” I asked. His eyes looked glazed like he was remembering something and he was smiling a big goofy grin.

“We watched Bambi and ate Red Vines together.” He sighed content. He was acting really strange, but in a positive way, I guess. I hadn’t seen him act like this since his last girlfriend. Maybe he had met some girl at the party that he remembered. Or some girl called him back.

“So you meet up with anyone last night? There were a lot of pretty girls there last night.” I flashed him a cheeky smile. His face fell for a moment and he seemed pained, but soon his smile came back, though it didn’t reach his eyes.

“I uh no.” He smiled weakly. I felt my eyebrows knit together as I tried to figure out who or what had gotten him so happy, but not just regular happy more of a dumb love happy.