Chapter 11 - Janitor's Closet

11

*Zayn’s POV*

Rejection. That’s all I felt that morning as I woke up. I had come home after hours of staying out. My parents were distressed and wanted to know where I had been all day. The school had called my house informing them of unauthorized leave of school. I didn’t answer anyone and had just stayed in my room all night.

Doniya had tried to talk to me late at night when everyone else seemed to be asleep, but I just couldn’t answer her. At first I felt just humiliated and upset with what Harry had done... or more of what Harry didn’t do I should say, but then I was furious. Furious with myself for actually trusting Harry again, thinking he had changed. That he was now the old Harry that no one can recall, but the slut we see here today. The lying, self centered, backstabbing, arrogant, fake, c-nt. I feel so pathetic for ever believing a word he ever said to me, because none of it was true.

Worst part was getting my hopes up just to watch them crash and burn. I was so eager to think of having a friend again, of having anyone in my life to talk to besides family that I took the leap without looking. All these walls I put up and distancing myself from people were ruined with just the thought of hanging out with someone again. I should probably be angry with Harry, and I am, but I’m even more angry with myself.   

I heard someone from school recorded the fight and put it online. Word travels fast, but videos stream faster. I haven’t actually watched it, actually I haven’t done much of anything since I got home. I don’t even remember the time I got home, but it must of been late because I remember watching the sunset hours before I made my way home.

I sighed as I slung my backpack over my shoulder and exited my house. I started towards school keeping my head down as I walked. I wish I felt anger, or sadness, but all I felt now was rejection and emptiness. I saw it coming from the start, but got lost on the train tracks. In the end I got run over and there is nothing I can do. No one I can talk to, I’m on my own to cope again.

*Harry’s POV*

The scenery passed by in a blur as I stared out the window. Louis drove me to school and kept shooting me worried glances the whole way there. There was only one thing on my  mind today: Zayn. I knew that no matter how bad he hated me, I needed to have him hear me out. Even if he still rejected me, at least I can say I tried. But I know I’m not giving up, I’m still going to keep trying to make up for everything I did.

I was a bit startled when the car jerked to a stop and I heard Louis unbuckling his seat belt. I was so caught up in my inspiring pep talk that I hadn’t noticed we were already in the school parking lot.

I ran a hand through my hair and exited the car, following closely after Louis. He would stop and chat with people while I just stared off in the distance thinking. The chimes of bells got Louis to move again and I just felt like a dog copying his movements. He gaved me a sympathetic look and i just shrugged it off.

“I know you’ll find a way to work things out, you always do,” He encouraged. Loud laughter boomed throughout the school and I looked over to see the noise coming from the jocks. I felt my breath stop as I saw a certain raven haired boy rush into school.

“ZAYN!” I screamed after him, but he didn’t even turn around. I quickly ran into the school and began to chase him. I pushed past some ninth graders that were in my way as I to catch up to Zayn. The hallways were getting more and more crowded as class was beginning in just a couple minutes.

When we reached the supplies wing there was a dead end.

“Zayn!” I called out. He grunted as he reached the end and turned around angrily.