The Lava Stone

Leafy's POV

I noticed that Firey was staring at something on the ground. 

What is he looking at-

Then, I saw the item he was staring at. It looks like some sort of small lava block-

Wait, LAVA!?

I jumped and stood on the bench because for a heartbeat I though lava was coming towards us like in BFB 14, then I remember that that's nearly impossible... unless someone digged straight down-

"Leafy, it's not the lava we saw back in BFB."

"Oh..." I started to blush a bit out of embarrassment. I jumped back down from the bench. I looked at the lava block and this time I got a good look at it.

First of all, it wasn't a lava block. I would say it looks like a small rock except it's carved with burnt out lava instead of stone. Well, it is kind of like stone except I can tell it's lava judging by the red parts. Since the lava is cooled out, I would assume it would be safe to touch.

Wow, couldn't believe I was scared of a small part of stone. Also, how did the stone get here?

Anyways, I reached out and was about to grab the cooled-out lava when Firey stopped me with his arm. 

"Wait, Leafy. Don't grab it yet. I'll touch it first just to check."

Firey grabbed the lava stone/cool-out lava/whatever you want to call it. Let's call it Lava Stone. Yeah? He inspect it closely.

"Yep, this is still very hot. I think you could've die if you grabbed it."

"Oh." 

Then all of a sudden, I felt the heat surrounding Firey stronger. Wait, why is he angry?

I quickly caught a glimpse of his face and realized he wasn't angry.Then why is he burning up?

About a few moments, I realized that Firey was back to his normal self. I wasn't sure how to explain it, but something tells me not to get too close to him now.

Firey's POV

Oh great, now I'm a regular flame. Honestly, it was a lot more fun not being able to burn everything either by accident and dying from water. When I touched that weird lava rock, I became a regular flame now. I would know because I started generating more heat now. 

Well, I feel more comfortable when I'm a regular flame anyways, but at the same time, I hate it. Wait...

I thought I only become a regular flame if I'm dosed in flammable liquids. I also turn back to normal if I touch lava? Or dosed in lava...

Then, all of a sudden, I was glowing. I still held the lava stone in my hand. The glow came from my hand, then got bigger as it changed color. It went from silver to now orange. I know my flame color is orange (and yellow as well), but this glow... just feels different. I wasn't sure how to explain it. Then, the glowing stop. I was about to say something before Leafy gasped.

"Uh, Firey? How did you... do that...?"

I was confused for a bit until I noticed something moving. I looked back and I saw a-

A tail!?

This is getting weird now. I wasn't sure how to explain what tail I had, but it looks some sort of dragon tail, but I don't see any scales. And there was a small flame on the tip of my tail. Then, I realized that I felt my whole flame body was bigger and producing even more heat. I even had small flames on my wrists and ankles! This went from just a stroll in the park to extremely weirdness. Oh, and I didn't felt the lava stone on my hand anymore.

(A/N: idk why Wattpad wasn't letting me put any drawings until rn

(A/N: idk why Wattpad wasn't letting me put any drawings until rn. Also, just ignore the fact that I can't draw background ;-;)

I'm pretty sure moments lasted before Leafy spoke again.

"So... was this to impress me?"

I quickly turned around saw Leafy smirking at me. I blushed really hard.

"Wha-no! I'm actually not sure what happened..."

Leafy started laughing and said, "Yeah, I know." 

Her expression quickly turned from happiness to curiosity and confusion. "Seriously, what happened after you touched that lava stone?"

"Uh, I'm not actually sure. One moment, I was a regular flame, and now all of sudden I had this form on. Maybe we should ask Golf Ball about this? She might know everything about this-"

All of a sudden, I realized that I might have saw Golf Ball while Leafy and I were strolling through the park. I wasn't sure if it was actually Gold Ball or not. I did caught a glimpse of grey... and I thought I saw dimples as well- yeah, that was definitely Golf Ball.

"Leafy! I think I saw Golf Ball while we were walking!"

"Oh really?! Which way did she went?"

"I'm not actually sure, but at this hour, I'm gonna asume she went home."

"Oh, maybe we ask her tomorrow about the lava stone? Oh, and your weird flame form?"

"Yeah, all of that."

Leafy's POV

I was about to run over to hug Firey, then remember that I was gonna burn if I did. I was about to wave goodbye, but something else happened. Firey started glowing again. After a few moments, he was back to normal. His tail was gone and his flame body was shorter. However, I can still tell he is a regular flame judging by the heat that is still surrounding him.

"Well, I guess the strange form is gone now."

"Yeah."

"Well, uh, I should be heading home now. The sky is about to get dark." 

Firey waved goodbye and I waved back. Then, we were both on our way home.

...

I continue to walk home from the park, trying to process what happened. Mostly about the weird rock, but also about the walk through the park. 

I wonder if Firey feels the same way, like I do...

Hey, at least I saw Firey again after 6 months. That's the important part.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Oki, first of all, I'm so sorry for not writing a chapter for almost... 2 weeks, I think??? I didn't know how to write this chapter tbh, so sorry if it was bad.

Also, I was on vacation a few days ago. I tried writing this chapter before going, but I wasn't sure yet how to, so yeah...

Also, school is gonna start for me next week, so I'm not sure if I will have time left to write this :(

I'll try to write as much chapters as I can before school starts for me, but it really depends on my motivation and ideas 🤷