𝙲𝚑 𝟹: 𝙿𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝟾- 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

(Warnings, if sensitive to murder or gore please don't read this chapter.)

The demon guards at the gates were looking around. Obviously guarding this shitty facility. Guard number 1 sighed in annoyance with the guard number 2 irked at his companion.

"Will you quit sighing for nothing!"

Guard no. 2 shouted at no. 1 to which the guard also shouted back.

"I'm sorry okay?! Its just so damn shitty to guard this place! There are literally no people going to steal some low-life facility like this! Why were we even assigned here?!"

No. 1 shouted to his companion. No. 2 irked and sighed to the side. He grumbled under his breath, why in the hell did he get a lousy partner like this.

"You idiot, Don't you remember that facilities like these are getting targeted? Last week, I heard the section commander report that a low quality farm was blown up and besides..."

The guard's voice became lower.

"The rumor about the Demon killer is going around. I heard they killed Duchess Alphine and exploded the staff along with blowing up her mansion."

The guard no. 1 was left speechless, he then remembered an incident 55 days ago.

"Wait hold on, you don't think they committed arson on all of the duchess's mansion did you?"

"Yeah, the section commander is investigating it too. But right now we have to guard this place, whether a low quality farm or not."

The guard no. 2 said determinate while no. 1 just sighed in annoyance.

Though, just behind the tree where the guards were near, {Name} was crouched down. She listened in the conversation, learning that her new nickname is the 'Demon killer'. She chuckled bitterly at the stupid nickname.

"Demon slayer would've been formidable."

She smirked as she looked at guard no. 1 and 2 starting a fight again.

She knew it was time to make her move.

The guards perked their ears as they heard a slight rustling of bushes near them. Each one got their spears ready, prepared to attack the source. The rustling stopped for a moment and the guards relaxed and stood their grounds.

They then heard a sudden snap of a twig and this got their attention big time. Both of the guards move forward to check the source.

However they felt a gush of wind behind their backs. Guard no. 2 heard mumbling...

"Suimin kokyū: Saisho no keitai: Akumu no katto"
(Sleep breathing: First form: Nightmare's cut."

He soon felt his mask being sliced in half. He was tackled in the ground and felt his middle eye being stabbed. He soon stopped resisting and went limp.

Guard no. 1 was in a state of shock, he dropped his spear which then made a metal sound in the ground and ran towards the woods.

"Tch, coward."

{Name} mumbled and mumbled another form.