𝙲𝚑 𝟺: 𝙿𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝟷: 𝙻𝚊𝚍𝚢 {𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎}

(Warnings: Gore)

In the quiet cold night, 2 guards stood in front of the facility. They held their long spears by their hands and kept their guard up.

Recent events have happened to the facilities. All of the guards were murdered out of the perimeter of the facility and the said buildings were blown up.

Because of this, a huge shortage came to the poor provinces of the kingdom. The officials say that the Queen was holding an investigation to this matter, however it keeps getting worse as months passes by.

Along with the bombing, there were also rumors of a serial killer going around. It was believed that they were the ones who were responsible of the bombing.

A guard who stood at the right gulped nervously. He and his family lived poorly, the shortage of livestocks were greatly affecting them. His little daughter almost went feral that one night on eating no human organs. He had to sacrifice his lunch for the next day just to feed his daughter.

The guard on the left huffed quietly. Unlike his partner, he just wanted his shift to be over. There were another set of guards who guarded the back side of the facility, why can't they just guard this whole place.

"What a drag...Why can't chief just assign two guards to this facility."

The left guard complained and peeled his eyes for something suspicious. The right guard looked at him in concern and frowned.

"You know the rumors going around right? Bombing is happening to the low quality farms everywhere with no signs of survivors."

"Damn, they couldn't just do regeneration?"

"No. Chief theorized that someone was killing them before the bombing. Thats why he believes that more guards will be able to secure the faci-"

He was cut off when they heard a large thump in front of them. He turned to look at it and considering it was dark, he couldn't see what it was.

"H-help..."

A voice murmured, it was a boy or a man. Probably in his 20's?

"Hey go check it out."

The left complaining guard said to the right guard and he nodded.

He went towards the man but stopped in his tracks. He stood still in his place and this left the left guard rose a brow.

"The hell you standing for dude?! Help the man!"

But he didn't move. The guard then tried to shout again to his partner.

"Oi! Are you hearing me right now?! Move you little shit! Help the man!"

But alas, the man didn't move. The guard went away from his station, clearly pissed off and marched right pass the freezed guard.

"Didn't you just hear the poor man's calling for help? Jeez, just because you have a family, doesn't mean you can't care for other people to you know?"

But he didn't receive a reply. The guard clicked on his tongue and reached the crunched down figure.

"Oi, you shouldn't be here at night. Didn't you see the sign? It says no tresspassing."