Chapter 16 The Finale

This is kind of short but it's been a long story. Thank you again for reading this!!! You all are amazing!!!

I sat against the door staring at him waiting for him to wake up. I pick myself up off the floor and stumble down the hall. I find Sam with ritual stuff, "Sam?" He didn't say anything. "What are you doin?" "Summoning Crowley." "Why?" "I want him to bring Dean back." "Oh Sam. I want him back too but he wouldn't want it this way.." "I don't care! He can just be pissed at me!" "Ok." "Ok?" "I don't have the heart or energy to fight you." "Well it's not working cause he's not coming." "But it's a summoning spell he has to." "I don't know maybe I did something wrong." Sam was pacing back and forth rubbing his mouth. "I'm gonna go get a glass of water and then go sit with him." I walked down the hall and by our room I looked in and was shocked, I flung open the door and looked around the room. "Dean? Dean!!!!" I ran out of the room and all over the bunker, Sam came running, "What? What is it?" "He's gone." "What?" "Look Sam he's not in there!" Sam went in the room and couldn't believe it. "What the hell?!" Several weeks went by and no sign of him. "Sam I don't get it." "Me neither." "He's not a ghost he's not in heaven he's not in purgatory I don't..." I break down for the millionth time. Sam wraps me in a hug, "Shhh shhh we will find him." "I just can't accept that he is really gone. Sam?" "Yeah?" "Thanks for not bailing on me this time." "After the wrath last time I didn't have a choice." I smiled, "Jerk." I pinched him "Ow!" Truth is I haven't even half smiled since he's been gone. "I'm gonna try and get some sleep." "Good idea. If I find..." "You don't have to say that Sam I know you will." The room we shared was still 4 walls a door and a bed but that's the only thing that's the same. I laid down on the bed and covered up with his blue and black flannel shirt. "You have to stop coming here." "Stuff it Crowley." "It's even odd for a demon to sneak into someone's room and watch them sleep." "Leave." "Come on Dean this isn't healthy you come here every night..." Dean turns to Crowley and his eyes go black, "Don't make me make you leave." "Fine. But do you really think she's gonna love you the way you are now?" Little did I know Dean came into our room every night to watch me sleep, truth is sometimes I would wake up and think I saw him but I convinced myself it was just a dream. It's been about 6 weeks since he died and I didn't really know what to do with myself. "Morning." "Morning." "You want coffee?" "Yes please." "I got a case, well I think it's a case." "Oh." "You don't have to come but I have to do something to take my mind off..." "I'll come." I grabbed my stuff and we left.

"What's the deal with this? I mean if demons want to kill other demons I say let them." "I agree normally but something is just not feeling right for me." Sam and I get there and we are greeted by Crowley. "I should have known!" "Miss me?" "Hardly." "What are you doing here Crowley?" "Well moosey I thought I'd come and let you two in on a secret." Sam and I look at each other. "Would you like to know who the demon is that's killing Abaddons lackeys?" "Oh good lord just spill it already!" "I've missed that sassy mouth of yours." I get in his face, "I know you love the sound of your own voice but I can't stand it so will you get on with it." He kisses at me, "Uck!" "Crowley!" "Ok ok fine. The demon is your beloved Dean." "You son of a bitch!!!!" I take off after him but Sam grabs me, "You have one of your minions possessing Dean?" "Uh you're so cute. Like a angry chihuahua." "Sam can I please stab him!" "Sorry to tell you love he's not possessed he's a demon." With that he was gone. "Sam? This can't be true." "I don't know." "We need to find out where he is!" "Ok let's go back to the bunker and..." "No we don't have time to go all the way back!" I go to the impala and grab the lap top, "Do your magic!" "I got something, it's says they're in North Dakota." "Let's go then." "I'm tired, I think we should get a room." "What? No! We have to go and see what the deal is!" "I want to find out just as much as you do but we need to sleep." I agreed but only because I knew I would leave once Sam was asleep. We drove another hour and got a room, Sam actually fell asleep rather quickly. I grabbed my coat and hot wired a car. I drove for hours. I walk into this bar and my heart drops into my stomach, there he is, the love of my life singing karaoke, I stand back watching for a bit, he gets booed off the stage. He goes to a table and talks to Crowley for a minute after Crowley leaves a waitress comes over and he pulls her onto his lap, he whispers in her ear and she laughs, he kisses her. My heart broke when I saw that. She gets up and he leaves I follow him to a room above the bar. I walk up the stairs but stay back enough so he can't hear or see me. He goes in and shuts the door. I didn't know what to do, I mean it's him it's my Dean but if Crowley is telling the truth then he's not my Dean. I decided to go knock, but as I made my way to the room that waitress comes from the other way knocks and he opens the door, he picks her up and kisses her wildly. Whatever he is he's not my husband any more. I go to the room because the not knowing is killing me, I knock, "Go away!" I knocked again, "I said go away!!!" I wasn't leaving, I kept knocking, "Didn't you hear..." He opens the door. I kick it open all the way, "Out!" I said to the skank, "Dean?" She looks at him "I said out I won't be asking again!" He smirks, "You heard her." She grabs her top and storms off. I walk towards him, I touch his hand, "Is it really you?" "New and improved." "What's that mean?" "It means no more guilt no more whining no more inhibitions all that shit is gone." "I don't understand." "What do you want Nic?" Him saying my name about broke me, "I want my husband, I want you to come back with me." "Sorry sweetheart your husband is long gone." "I don't believe that." "Oh no?" Just then his eyes flashed black, I stumbled back against the door, "It can't be." He puts his arms on the door blocking me in, "Oh but it is!" "Where is my husband?" "I told you long gone!" "Get out of him you son of a bitch or..." He starts to laugh, "This is all me in here. No demon other than my own."