Chapter 4

I was outside for about a half an hour  when Dean came out, "You ready for some company?" "You know I thought college was hard and medical school was ridiculous then came the daily stress of expecting to make people better none of that pails in comparison to what I have been through the last week, it's like my life isn't even my life, it's been one great big lie." "I think your dad did the right thing, growing up as a hunters kid sucked, I would have given anything to not know what goes bump in the night." "At least you knew who your father was." "I didn't know your dad but I do know he did a great job raising you because you are amazing." "You wanna get laid tonight don't you?!" I smiled at him, "What a way to ruin the moment, but I mean yeah if you want too." He wraps me in a hug, "I can't promise you a sane life or a life that's mapped out but I can promise to keep you safe and to never lie to you." "That's a big statement in general and especially in a relationship." "Is that what this is? Oh I thought I would bring you along as a permanent booty call." I glared at him and bit his neck, "Ouch that kinda hurt!" "That's what you get!" "Seriously I know we haven't known each other that long but I feel like I have known you forever, I can't tell you enough how much it means to me that you are here." I exhaled. "Dean after my dad died I had to go and pack up his house, in the attic there were tons of boxes I never opened them." He cocks his head. "What are you getting at Nic?" "I think it's time I finally go and open those boxes up. I know I just got here but I think I need to do this." "I agree but you aren't doing it alone." "That's sweet of you but I can't ask you to do that." "You didn't. I insist." "What about this yellow eyes demon?" "He's not going anywhere, now no more arguing ok?" I smiled at him. We walked back in the house. "I didn't mean to upset you." "You didn't. Thank you for being honest about knowing my dad." "Sure thing. What's the plan?" "Me and her are gonna...wait where are we going?" "To my storage unit." "Oh. We are going to her storage unit..where is that exactly?" I laughed and rolled my eyes. "It's just a couple blocks from my house." Sam looked at us. "Why exactly?" "After my dad died I went to his house and packed up everything, I found some boxes I want to open them." "Dean? Yellow eyes?" "It won't take very long and if you find him call me."  Sam saw how important this was to me and nodded.

"Thank you for coming with me, frankly I don't think I could have done this alone." He kisses my hand. "I wouldn't be anywhere else." "The next block take a left." "What's the number?" "112" he pulled the car over and we got out. "Key." I handed him my key and exhaled. "You ok?" "Just a whole lot going on in my head right now." "Ready?" I nodded and he rolled up the door. "Where do you wanna start?" I walked around looking at all these things from my childhood. My old dollhouse, the bedroom set that belong to my great grandma, my old prom dress. I look to my left and there was the stack of boxes I'd never opened. "There." Dean took the first one off the stack. "Nic this says dishes?" "Well let's see if that's what's inside." He set the box down on an old table and took the lid off. He looked at me. "I can't believe this." "You ok?" I didn't say anything, I reached into this box and pulled out a leather journal with a devils trap etched on the cover. I picked it up and smelled it. I open it and out falls a picture of my mom and me when I was about 5. Dean bends down and picks it up. A tear falls to the floor. "Hey this changes nothing about how your dad felt about you. Just because he was a hunter doesn't mean he wasn't the man you knew and loved." He had his hands on my arms. I didn't know what to say. I sat down on a chair holding this picture. "We can leave right now if you want." "No I need to do this. I mean this is a part of me right? Like it or not I am a hunters daughter." He nodded. After about an hour of going through boxes and pictures, newspaper clippings and weapons I was ready to leave. "What do you want to do with all this?" "I guess take what you think will be useful and the rest just leave here." He kissed my head and started carrying boxes to the car, on the last box a newspaper clipping flew off the top. "Oh Dean here...." I looked down and started to cry. "Hey hey what's wrong?" "My mothers obituary." "I'm sorry." He wraps me in his arms. We walked to the car and headed back to Bobbys.