Chapter 5

The next couple months it was good but it was different, I enjoyed my time so much with them but everyday closer my heart broke a little more. I was in the motel waiting for the guys to get back with food. "Sam drop it!" "No Dean I'm not gonna drop it! I don't get why you won't let me help you." "There is no helping me, Sam please I just want to enjoy what time i have left." "Wow what's going on?" "Sam thinks he can save me." "What?" "I want to find a way to get him out of this but Dean is being stubborn." "Dean? Why won't you let Sam..." Dean gets mad. "Enough!" He walks in the bathroom. "Sam? What's going on why doesn't he want out of this?" "I don't know. I just don't get it." "The idea of saving him it just..." Dean came out of the bathroom. "I said enough." I grab his hand, "Dean..." He looks at me, "Nic if Sam finds a way he will die." I step back. "Wha...?" "Dean what the hell?!" "Sam the demon said if we try and get out of this you die." "But Dean..." "No Sam enough. I said I'm done." I was in shock I couldn't say anything. "You ok?" "I need some air." I left the room. "Dean don't you see what this is doing to her, let me do this." "Sam I did this, I made this choice to save you and I hurt her but I'm not changing this. So please enough man." I was sitting outside on the curb when Dean came out. "You ok?" "I'm not sure." "I'm sorry babe I wish there was any easy out." "I know. This is hard." He sits down next to me and puts his hand on my leg. "I know. Thank you for spending this time with me." I smiled at him. He takes my hand and pulls me up into a hug. "I don't ever wanna let you go." He sighs. "Me either."

The next day we found a case. "Whats the town we are going to?" "Cicero." "What's the deal with this case anyway?" "I don't know it's a neighborhood with a new housing development and strange stuff has been happening." Dean was quiet while Sam and I were talking about the case which is unusual for him. "Dean? You ok?" "Uh yeah why?" "You aren't saying anything about the case." "Oh I'm just letting you and Sam talk." "Um ok?" I knew there was something he wasn't telling me. We got to the town and Dean seemed nervous. "What's the plan?" "Why don't you two go down this street and I'll take the other so we can question neighbors of the Vic's." "Got it." Sam walked away and Dean started to scan the houses while rubbing the back of his neck. "Ok what the hell is going on with you?" He exhales, "I dated someone who lives here." "Oh." I looked down. "It was a long time ago so I'm sure she doesn't even remember me." "Ah so another fling." I rolled my eyes and walked towards a house. "Come on Nic don't say it like that." I ignored him and walked up the steps, "Oh shit." Dean said and ran after me. "Nic wait..." The next thing I know this brunette opens the door, "Dean?!" She says while hugging him. He looks at me nervously "Uh hey Lisa." "Oh my god what are you doing here?" I just stood there glaring at him. "Lisa this is Nikki." "Nice to meet you." "I bet." Dean looks at me, "Am I missing something?" "Mom mom come on is it time for the cake yet?" "In a minute now go back to your party." "Yours?" "Yeah it's his 8th birthday today." "How long have you two known each other." I chimed in and she looks at Dean, "What's it been about 8 years now." "8 years huh small world!" I stormed off the porch. "Nic wait!" "Dean what is going on?" "I'll be back give me 5 minutes." "Nic stop." "What?!" "I told you about this.." "Dean her son is 8 and it's been 8 years since you were with her do you think I don't know maybe he could be yours too?!" "What? No. I'm sure she would have told me by now." "How serious was this and don't lie to me again." He looks down, "It lasted a little while." "Ugh!!! You are such a bastard!" I start to walk away and he grabs my arm, "Please don't do this......" I pull my arm away, "I'm gonna go find Sam why don't you go find out if you're a dad or not!" I left, "Nic!!!" I didn't stop. Dean turns around and Lisa is watching the whole thing. He goes back over there, "What's this about Dean?" "She's my girlfriend and she's pissed at me because I didn't tell her about you." "Oh." "Lisa I gotta ask is Ben uh....?" "Your son?" "Yeah." "I think by the way he acts he could be but no he's not." "It was great seeing you again but I gotta go." "Hey Dean." "Yeah?" "Don't be a stranger come back and see me but leave her at home." She smirks, "Sorry Lisa that's not gonna happen." He smirks at her and she walks back in her house." Dean gets in the impala and drives around looking for Sam and me. Sam is coming out of a house, alone. "Sam wheres Nic?" "Um I thought she was with you?" "She was but she said she was coming to find you." "Haven't seen her." "Get in." Sam got in and they drove around town looking for me, "Where the hell can she be?" Sam hits Dean on the arm, I was sitting on a swing in the park. "I'll go talk to the police you fix whatever is wrong." Dean nodded at Sam. "You wanna talk?" "Depends." "On what?" "If you're a dad or not." He sits on the swing next to me. "Bens not my son." I look up at him. "Really?" "Yes." "Why didn't you tell me about her?" "I stopped thinking about other women when I met you none of them mattered any more." I smiled at him. "Sorry for being jealous." "Sorry for not telling you about her." "Can we just forget we even came here?" "Where are we again?" I laughed and sat on his lap. "I love you Dean and I never want to fight like that again, and no more secrets ok?" "Deal." "Did you say goodbye to her?" "Yeah and she told me to come see her again sometime but leave you at home." "Wow really?'" I start to get up, he grabs me. "I told her she's out of her mind and that's never gonna happen." I leaned in and kissed him. We finished up the case and left that town.