Confession? - 2

It's been Night

Avni was tensed as Neil's team went to mission of seizing the weapon and they still haven't reached yet. She was moving to and fro.

"Shinde... Did you get any information from them.... Are they fine?.. " Avni asked one the police. Some of the police team were there for Medical team's safety.

"Yess Dr. ..... The mission was successful...and that's what I received... I don't know anything in particular.. " He replied while Avni thanked God but still was tensed for them. She prayed for everyone safety and was still waiting for him.

Sooner they heard the sound of their vehicle and Avni rused out from the camp with her other colleagues. Her eyes searched for that one person.

DD stepped out of the van and his hand was full of blood along with his chirt. Avni gasped from the sight and rushed towards him.

"DD Kya hua? " She asked him in concern  and looked at him from top to toe for any injury. And his arm has cut. Avni was confused why his front side shirt is all smeared with blood but she didn't asked him. Dd's eyes were filled with tears.

"DD.. " Sunheri came near him and worried sticked on her face.

"Sunheri take DD with you.." Avni said while she nodded while DD resisted.

"Nahi Dr. Avni... I am fine... It's about Sirji.." Avni looked at him in shockness when she heard that. Her hands turned cold. And she looked at him blankly while her lips were at rest having no courage to ask him what happened to him.

"What happened to Neil? ...Where is he?" Sunheri asked him while Avni didn't uttered a word.

He is coming in another van with the seized weapons...And.." He said while Avni left her deep breath which she was holding on till now hearing that he is coming.

When he was about to say what happened to him the van reached while everyone rushed towards it.

He was in passenger seat and while other police man driving. He came out while Avni saw his arm which was full of blood as he was shot. But he seemed to care less about it. He didn't noticed her as he was in a call with his higher officials. Avni stood still looking at him.

"Sirji... You have to get treated... " DD said to him moving behind him.

"We have other things to take care of DD...We want to keep all these safe untill we hand over them to our higher officials... Did you arranged some safer  place ...? " He didn't bothered about what he told and was still talking about work. Avni moved towards and turned him in a go.

"Ahh!! " He gasped as it was painful.

"You have to get treated... " She said sternly .

"Avni.. It's nothing..  I didn't get shot.. Just the bullet passed by... Piercing the Skin..Thats it" He said as like that is nothing. He can clearly see how tensed and worried she is. He again turned towards DD getting no reply from him.

"You have done your duty... Just let me do mine.. And you have to cooperate with  me... So JUST COME... " She said sternly looking at him angryily and hold his hand and dragged him towards the camp.

She made him to sit and took the cotton and her eyes filled with tears but she just controlled it and she turned towards him. All the while Neil was looking at her.

"Shirt utaro... " She said not looking at him

"I am alright Avni..." He said to make her less worry and started unbuttoning but Avni helped him take it off and she didn't paid any attention to him but was busy in treating him while he sighed.