Chapter 7

AmberMurphy: You're killing people?

No. I'm killing boys.

3,400,000 likes ~ 14,000 comments

---

I have bumped into Michael a few times at different events since our divorce but we have not had a conversation longer than hi and bye. I am personally happy with the way that we left things and I don't feel the need to be in his presence nor do I need closure for anything.

Once upon a time, Michael and I had a life together.

My feelings for him went away during our divorce proceedings and I honestly have no romantic or sexual feelings towards Michael. Being in his personal space doesn't make me feel any type of way, I have a man that knows how to make me feel so much more with just his words.

"If you keep looking at me like that then people will suspect that something is happening." I turn to face Michael as I speak, "So keep your eyes to yourself."

He smirks, "You're still feisty."

"And you haven't changed." I raise a brow at him. "Your eyes still like to wander."

"I heard that you've been hired as a model for Petra's beauty line." Michael looks away for a moment, "I'm surprised to see that my current girlfriend is about to start working with my ex wife who was the woman I was with before I met her. I don't know how you women do it."

"We're divorced." I remind him. "Any feelings that I had towards you are gone and I have moved on with a wonderful man that I am planning to marry. This is nothing personal and my work with Petra will be strictly business."

"How can you even talk about getting married to another man?" Michael glances at my ring finger which is empty.

I'm not going to wear my engagement ring on my actual ring finger because I don't want the world knowing about the engagement just yet.

"I'm engaged, Michael." I lift up my right hand for him to see my engagement ring. "This time next year, I will be a married woman."