Chapter 12

AmberMurphy: Shooting Matrix has been the most challenging point in my career

AmberMurphy: Shooting Matrix has been the most challenging point in my career. Today i got to finally say goodbye to Frank after months of portraying her and it's a bittersweet feeling. I have never struggled with a role as much as I did with this one so I'm happy to be moving forward with my other projects but I'm equally as sad because I'm not proud of my performance. I'll probably delete this post or get in trouble for it but this is my truth...

7,000,000 likes ~ 23,000 comments

---

I was in tears to hear that I had wrapped my part in Matrix 4 but I couldn't determine whether it was tears of happiness or sadness. There was a part of me that wanted to stick around and redo my part as Frank but the other part of me was ready to run back to California.

Keanu still has another week of filming so I took the first flight out because my mind wasn't where I needed it to be.

"THERE'S MY CHOCOLATE BEAN HEAD!" My dad throws his arms up in the air, attracting the attention of others as I drag my suitcase over to him. "SMILE, BABY! WE'RE ON CAMERA!"

I cover my face with my purse once I realise that people are indeed taking our pictures and I quicken my pace to meet my smiling father.

"Hey daddy." I smile softly as we embrace eachother and it takes everything in me not to start crying.

"What's wrong with yo ass?" He asks while throwing his arm around my shoulders as security helps lead us to the exit. "Before we even get to all of that, where's my gift?"

I look at him in confusion, "What gift? I was expecting you to show up with flowers, balloons and a marching band for my arrival."

My father bursts out laughing which draws even more eyes to us.

"You ain't that special." He tightens his grip around me. "Now tell your old man why you look depressed?"

"I'm just disappointed in my performance." I say with a small shrug as we walk towards the car, ignoring TMZ who are obviously trying to get some tea out of me. "I'm usually so into my work but this time around... I don't know, I just couldn't meet the mark."

"Shit happens."

I sigh deeply, "I was really excited to work on this project because Matrix is an iconic film franchise but I underperformed."

"