E i g h t

+ + +

Glancing over at the full-length mirror to steal one last look at herself, Abigail got ready to leave. She had spent all morning calming her nerves as she got ready to meet with Damien. She decided to wear a soft white midi slip dress she had never worn before, along with a sage green cardigan.

She strapped her last sandal and took in her reflection in her mirror. Nervous was an understatement. She was worried that she looked overdressed, she didn't want to look too eager to see him but she felt like she had to make up for the previous times he's seen her in such as mess.

Now she had one more problem, she didn't know how to get to the park, where she said she'd meet him. Walking was an option, but there was no way she would make it on time, especially since she wasted so much time in the morning pacing up and down her room just to figure out what to wear.

She walked down the stairs, grateful that Ricardo had work early in the morning avoiding the problem of bumping into him and getting interrogated on whom she was meeting. She was only meeting a friend surely there was nothing wrong with that.

Heading towards the garage, her only option was to ask the driver and hope for the best.

"Good afternoon." Abigail greeted, "Are you busy at the moment?"

"Good Afternoon Miss Abigail. Not at all, what can I do for you?"

"Oh, I was wondering if you could give me a lift?"

"Of course," the driver opened the car door for her, "will you be meeting Marie?"

"Y-yes," the white lie slipped out, "But instead of the cafe, could you please drop me off near the park? I will meet her there."

"Of course Miss."

Stepping out of the car, she thanked the driver and told him that he didn't have to wait for Marie to arrive and that she was fine waiting by herself. Part of her did feel guilty for lying but it was only a white lie, what was the worst that can happen?

Abigail walked towards the main entrance of the park where she told Damien she would be waiting.

She looked up and noticed the tall intimidating figure approaching her, it was impossible to miss him.

She gave him a small wave before walking toward him to meet him halfway. "Hello." She greeted softly proud that she didn't stutter immediately. She felt nervous and shy around him.

Damien took a step closer, she felt her heartbeat faster at their close proximity, surprised he couldn't hear the loud thumps. She could feel the heat rise straight to her cheeks, embarrassed to look like a tomato she looked away shyly.

She felt a gentle finger placed under her chin forcing her to look straight up, back to a pair of green eyes.

"Beautiful," Damien muttered, loud enough for Abigail to hear. If it was possible to get any redder she was doing just that!

"Thank you." She whispered back. She couldn't help but notice how his eyes followed her lips as she spoke. "Damien."

She felt a hand snake around her waist snuggly resting on her hip.

"Come, we have a reservation."

The blush never left the apples of her cheeks, in the same way, that Damien's hand found a way to keep in contact with her body. In no way was she complaining, she had grown a liking to the way his touch made her feel, slightly craving his touch.

Damien held the car door open offering a hand to help her out. Abigail stood in awe at the building in front of her, it was easily recognised as the tallest in the city, never had she thought she would step into a building like this.