T w o

+ + +

Abigail fluttered her eyes open and blinked the sleep away a few times adjusting to the soft gleam of the moonlight that shone into her room since she always slept with the curtains open. She craned her head towards the bedside table and checked the time on the clock, hoping it was closer to sunrise than it was to midnight.

3:47 am

In frustration she let out a throaty groan and slumped one of her many pillows over her face, it was the fourth time that week her sleep had been disturbed for no reason at all and it was getting exhausting, literally. She turned over and rolled her body around the mattress to rearrange the blankets around her to cocoon the warmth on her body.

At one last attempt, she closed her eyes and laid still to try and convince sleep to overcome her body again. Abigail huffed before kicking the blanket off her feet, wiggling her toes as she felt the cool breeze.

She was wide awake and bored with the sleepless game.

Her eyes widened at the sudden growl from her stomach that slightly startled her with how loud it was. Abigail rubbed her belly to calm the grumble, she wouldn't mind another serving of the lasagne she had for dinner.

With the clear idea of sleep being long gone, Abigail stretched her body and moaned at the satisfying soft popping and cracking of her stiff muscles. Still feeling groggy she slowly unwrapped herself from her cocoon and slipped into the fluffy slippers she was recently gifted from Ricardo.

Abigail looked at her reflection in the mirror as she wrapped the green silk robe snugly around her waist feeling the smooth material settle on her skin. Her bed hair bundled into a perfect bird's nest with her face slightly swollen.

Stepping out of her room Abigail felt the warmer waft of air hit her. She left her door slightly ajar and tiptoed down along the hallway. Ricardo had told her she wasn't allowed out of her room past 10 pm except for when it was necessary, despite that over the years she had mastered sneaking out of her room to get food since for her that was a necessity.

Abigail's steps came to a halt noticing the light from within the gap under Ricardo's door of his study.

At this time? she wondered. She was quite worried for him. She was aware that recently his workload seemed to overflow since he spent so much time at work, but was unaware that he was up working until the early hours of the morning.

Abigail's eyes widened at a sudden thud coming from inside the office like something heavy had fallen onto the floor. Abigail hurried towards the large door and reached for the door handle in fear that Ricardo that collapsed onto the floor. With her ear against the door, her hand froze on top of the cold handle as she heard the aggressive tone from inside his office.

"Don't fuck with me, make it possible!" Abigail heard completely shocked at the harsh tone.

"Yes! That's what I've been saying for the past half hour!" Abigail jumped again hearing another small thud. "Have you accessed it? What do you mean inaccessible? I am her legal guardian, I hold her bloody papers!"

"Have that sent to me immediately and a physical copy on my desk first thing in the morning and have a meeting arranged with Russo-"

"Unavailable?! Then get a fucking meeting with Harry I need to talk to them, tell them it's urgent."

"Sometime this week, tell them it's regarding the contract."

"I don't care if it's bloody four in the fucking morning! Have the document on my desk first thing tomorrow or else you're fired! And I'll make sure you'll stay unemployed!"