24

Hyunjin's pov

As I was walking around the hallway passing by the staff's room, I could hear myself whistling along the walk -heading to the canteen since it was already recess. For once, my brows were resting without any pressure being put.

Which was weird since it was something I would never do. Was there any reasons for me to be this happy? Of course, yes. I continued to put on a warm smile.

"Ugh you are all smiley today, it creeps me out. The fuck just happened?"

As much as I wanted to keep on singing out my whistling, a hand was soon proceeded to wrap its palm around my right shoulder, I felt. I know just by catching up the voice, but I eventually still glanced my eyes to my right side anyway only to see Minho walking besides me.

"What?" I scoffed, "can't I just smile for once?" I remarked, with my brows furrowed but I couldn't seem to wash my smile away still.

"Well. It's a strange sight that even the girls around have now taking interest in you"

He said and I started looking around there, turns out, he was kind of right. There's several students peeking on me and whispered something to their friends later on with smiles drawn on their lips. I didn't actually care.

"Why are you happy anyway?" Minho asked.

"Do you usually just ask people why they're happy? Because it sounds like you actually want them to shed tears"

I said with a rather cold, no, I think it's just a neutral expression. I cleared my throat, coming back to my usual voice. With that, Minho shrugged as he walked, putting his arms behind his head.

"I talked to Jeongin yesterday" I found out that I still needed to answer his question. With the answer given, I heard a long hum coming from Minho.

"I saw"

He simply said and my smile that previously I threw has now appeared again making its own way on my lips. Suddenly I felt the excitement rushed over myself once more as I turned my head to him.

"And you know what happened? I patted his head! He sat right next to me and fuck, he was even cuter up close I could die"

I told him out loud, accidentally pulled some other student's attention again that were standing near there which caused me to notice that they started laughing at me. But thank god they actually thought that I was talking about a dog or something like that.

"chill"

"His hair was softer than i expected too," I smiled as I tilted my head a little to Minho's side, whispering this time. "I patted my crush's head. I felt soft, i'm happy" I let out softly in a low voice, in the sequence of words by words.

I was pretty sure my cheeks were slowly burning up rosy but not that mind it, I just hoped that it wasn't that obvious or bright.

For a brief of moment, I heard that Minho was already laughing at me for saying these stuffs. Usually I'd tell him off to shut it but this time I just let him be, I was being embarrassing after all.

"You are actually really whipped for him it's cute and gross at the same time" Minho said casually and I just rolled my eyes to the back of my head, not literally though.

"okay maybe shut the fuck up now"

–was all I could say. I wasn't even going to deny it, I really was falling deeper than I thought it's exciting.

Eventually, we made it to the canteen and had some foods. As usual, the food there wasn't anything to be crazy about but I guess it was good enough that I still could swallow it down my throat.

After some while, I remembered about the note I got from Jeongin yesterday but I havent wrote my reply because apparently I was too busy being over the moon to even remind myself to reply.

So now, here I was standing in front of my crush's locker after I told Minho to get to the class without me, he'd cover it up for me.

Recess was over, everyone should be in class by now. Thus, I took the chance to be here. I could've just wrote a reply after school, but today I just felt like doing it earlier.

I vaguely snaked my left hand in one of my trousers pockets in order to get a catch on my note pad whilst my other hand was reaching for the pen that was tucked on my neck collar. In motion, I aimed the pen tip on the paper's surfaces.

"Hyunjin hyung?"

Just as I was about to get my hand working, my body slightly flinched once when I heard a familiar voice calling for my name. I turned my head to the left side before my body, seeing Jeongin standing there with a warm smile beamed at me.

"Jeongin! Hey, hello"

Panicked, I hid my hands that were still holding my stuffs behind my back. The rather weird action was just enough to make him cocked his right brow up at me, but thankfully he didn't question it. Instead, he kept his smile on and walked closer to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked softly and he laughed a bit.

"I should be the one asking, this is my locker"

He said nonchalantly, one index finger was pointed at  his locker. With that, I mouthed an 'o' and immediately stepped aside, apologizing at the same time. He just nodded and started unlocking it.

"I forgot a book, so I asked the teacher's permission to get it. What about you, hyung? I mean, everyone should be in class right now" he explained with some chortles added at the end of his sentences, his hands were busy searching for the stuff he just mentioned so he couldn't pay me an eye.

I scratched the back of my head, thinking of an excuse before I actually came up with one. "Oh I'm going to my pe teacher, there's something he wants to talk about" I said, watching him nodding his head understanding. Meanwhile, since he wasn't watching, I hurriedly shoved my note pad back in my pocket.

Just when I finished doing that, he proceeded to lock his locker again and gracefully spun his body one hundred eighty degree, facing my way.

He smiled and let out some soft laughter at the end. The next few seconds I found him him only looking at me, not saying anything which made my cheeks to burn up. Thus I quickly looked away from him just to pretend I needed to cough. Silence fell around us, until he decided to break it.

"Do you need anything from me?"

Once I heard this, I realized that I was actually just there standing with him in the area as if I was waiting for him to be done. No wonder he sort of just looked at me like that.

"Ah, no I uh sorry- I'll go now"

I blurted out and was ready to run with my body was already turning around forward, but his next words stopped me.

"Can I have your number?" That's what he said, "I suppose we can talk there more, I had fun talking to you yesterday so why not everyday?" He added.

I didn't know what to do with this interaction. I knew for sure my heart was doing things. To think about it, I had two shared identities that this boy didn't actually know about. So I thought that was my green light.

"Ah, sure"