34

With his shoulders sunken against the seat, Jeongin pressed his lips on top of each other as his eyes squinted almost closed with the huge terror that haunted him.

"AHHHHH—!"

The hysterical scream from the woman soon horrifically echoed every single being's eardrums once the bloody axe pierced in her head, bringing streams of blood out from the cracked skull and ripped scalp.

Disgusted and terrified, Jeongin flinched and jumped slightly all at once.

From the action, it also linked some of the popcorns that were contained in the container to spill, creating small messes on his lap. "...shit." he sighed, glancing at Hyunjin besides him before beaming him a pale smile.

"Sorry. You can take the remaining, i'll eat the ones on my lap, i guess"

He told him as he gave the older the bucket without even waiting for his reply. Hyunjin just watched the boy picking up the popcorns, he could hear him whispering 'i hate thriller movies' under his breath.

'i wonder, why did he choose thriller, then..?'

Hyunjin thought, lending his left hand over the younger's hands only to stop him from picking them up. Jeongin looked at him, confused.

"I don't know about you but i think the popcorns just got 'caramelized' with wools by now"

He said softly and paused just to look at Jeongin, accidentally in the eye.  He wasn't mentally prepared for that too, for him to look at his crush in the eye was just too much to handle. Thankfully the cinema's atmosphere was dim, a little dark for anyone to notice his soft crimson on the cheeks.

"Just eat the ones that are with me"

With that, he looked away from the smaller figure quickly, trying to grab his focus back on the movie.

"i-i mean, because, basically and obviously, those are no no's"

He marked his words one by one, letting out a soft scoff afterwards whilst his eyes weren't on the person he adored.

Jeongin who was actually a little weirded out by his senior's behaviour– just put on an amused smile on his lips. He brushed away the popcorns in his lap and nodded slowly.

A simple "Sure" was whispered out as an answer to the demand. Swiftly, he made himself comfortable once again on the seat and vaguely put his focus back on the movie, too.

So far, they've done a lot today. Earlier, when they first entered the mall, the first thing they, or rather Jeongin, did was going for some essential shopping.

Being the lead for today's venue, Jeongin next dragged themselves to one specific floor for a karaoke bar.

Shortly after, they figured that their throats were both sore from the singing. Thus, they had to grab a drink at one stall called TeaLuv. It was heavenly, they had their fun.

And now, they're both seating besides each other for a traumatic movie in the cinema. Fortunately the feeling wasn't mutual for Hyunjin who seemed to be relaxed.

"Is it really that scary?"

He asked as he noticed the boy covering his face with his two hands, his voice was lowered down as he spoke. Not wanting to disturb the other people around. He chewed on a single popcorn at the same time nonchalantly.

Jeongin tilted his head towards the talking guy besides him, "well. Hyung, aren't you spooked at all?" He softly emphasized the word referring to the raven, poking his index finger against Hyunjin's arm continuously.

A slight smile appeared on his plump lips from the small action. "Nope" he simply said, bringing a frown on Jeongin's face when he quickly furrowed his eyebrows.

"But why?"

Asked Jeongin, slowly leaning his head on his left shoulder whilst his eyes were glued on the screen which has now showing an image of a masked man chasing a woman.

This just occured him to press his head even closer to Hyunjin's arm because of how intense it was. Not that the older mind anyway.

"Um, well," Hyunjin scoffed as he cleared his throat

"it wouldn't be scary if you imagine yourself to be the villain. Most people would put themselves in the victim's shoes, but it's easier if we just think of ourselves as the killer...you'll be less scared at least" he explained.

Listening to his explaination, it felt like as if the time just stopped completely for Jeongin. Did he hear him right? Leisurely, he got off his shoulder and placed his back once again against the seat.

He inhaled, "You know.." he started turning his head to Hyunjin. "I usually know by just looking, but i didn't think you were actually a sadist" He told him off with an amused smile on his lips, soft chortles accompanied along.

"I- no i'm not a sadist--!" Hyunjin protested.

"But you said it like that so.."

Seeing Jeongin getting comfortable on teasing him just add fuels in him to also do the same.

Thus, a smirk came onto his lips. "Princess please don't misunderstand me like that, the point is to make you feel less scared remember?" He said and Jeongin quickly shut his mouth shut from letting out anymore chuckles.

'this guy-' He gulped, sensing the warmness on his cheeks.

"A-anyway- what if I still imagine myself as the victim?" He asked.

"Well, say this, if Gordon Ramsay can say 'you are an idiot sandwich', why can't he say 'life is not daijoubu'? Simple, Just think of the victim to say ridiculous or funny stuffs"

He said as he picked up another piece of popcorn from the bucket nonchalantly. Meanwhile Jeongin was already busted laughing out loud on accident that he got shushed by the other moviegoers there.

Jeongin lowered down his voice, leaning closer to Hyunjin's side only to whisper something. "you are so weird" he said softly, laughter still remained permanent in his voice.

A nervous smile plastered on Hyunjin's lips, he rubbed the back of his neck "sorry, is it bad? I'll stop" he marked, expecting Jeongin to agree to that but instead, his hand slowly got locked by the boy's soft ones.

Their fingers were intertwining with each other and he absolutely didn't hate the warm glimpse his palm was receiving. Hyunjin blinked twice, feeling a mild dust of happiness around him.

"Why stop? It makes your character more likeable, at least that's how it is for me"

-

-
+--------+
a/n
a long one idk how to make it shorter 🔫